Default 1841 Census look up please - Garrard/Garrad

I have a George Garrard on the 1851 and 1861 censuses:

1851 Census at Waterloo Street, Hammersmith
    George Garrard Head Mar 29 Cowkeeper (born) Suffolk Felsham
    Caroline do Wife Mar 30 --- (born) Middx, Hampton Wick
    and kids

1861 Census at 25 Waterloo Place, St Paul's, Hammersmith
    George Garrard Head Mar 39 Cow Keeper (born) Suffolk Felsham
    Caroline " Wife " 39 (born) Middlesex Hampton (Wick)

I also have the birth (maybe) from IGI:

GEORGE GARRAD [not Garrard] Male
    Christening: 08 JUL 1821 Felsham, Suffolk, England
    Parents: Father: THOMAS GARRAD Mother: MARY

I don't know if George was in Suffolk in 1841, but likely his parents were (if that's really them).

Any help in finding George, Thomas or Mary would be appreciated.

Best regards, Colin

paulapeacock

Default garrad family tree

hello colin
    i am also doing the family tree on the garrads.my great great great grandfather was born in suffolk.a simon garrad b1786-1859 wife sarah pollard . they had 9 children. would love to hear from you.. have you got any majors or williams or barringtons in your family tree
    paula

garradbrian

Default simon garrad

[

i am in the process of researching my family tree. I think that I have the same simon and sarah on my decendents line born 1786 and living in jarvis hill farm in the 1841 census. we are following simon as williams father on our line. how do you relate to all this ? and can or how do you go back further?
    thanks

colin rutter

Quote Originally Posted by garradbrian View Post
    [

i am in the process of researching my family tree. I think that I have the same simon and sarah on my decendents line born 1786 and living in jarvis hill farm in the 1841 census. we are following simon as williams father on our line. how do you relate to all this ? and can or how do you go back further?
    thanks
    Thanks Brian, Sorry, I'm none the wiser now. All I know about my 1821 man is in my post from 2006. My mother was a Garrard, born in Hammersmith in 1915. She said her family was descended from French Huguenots, but I really have no idea how true that is. I really don't know if my cite of the IGI is accurate, or just a coincidence with the similar names and dates and places of birth. Even if it is, I've no idea how to go backwards from there.
    Best regards Colin.