Thread: Tunnicliffe

genie60

Exclamation Tunnicliffe

Hello,
    I am researching the Tunnicliffe family from Islington/Westminster areas.
    Marion Tunnicliffe was a private midwife, unsure what her husband was called.
    Cannot find any info on any of the census!!! They are elusive.
    At some point in the early 1900's they lived at 58,Duncan Terrace but this does not exist on the 1901 census.
    Any help on this one would be appreciated

Thanks
    Lesley

Update 26th October 2004 - I have now found living Tunnicliffes who are related to my husband.
    Last edited by genie60; 26-10-2004 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Have now found the family

Henry14

Default Tunnicliffe

I lived near and went to school with a Bobby Tunnicliffe in Stroud Green, N.4. Any connection?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Lesley,

We might be able to help but........
    Is Marion Tunnicliffe her married name or maiden name? (It's not clear from what you've written.) If it's her maiden name do you know when she was born? Or have any idea of when? Have you looked for a birth registration on FreeBMD or the GRO Index?
    If it's her married name have you looked for a marriage on FreeBMD? (You type in Tunnicliffe as groom and Marion as spouse but you must try each variant individually.)
    If it's her maiden name if you look on the full GRO Index for a marriage for her and make a note of any districts and volume/page numbers I think that you can enter those into FreeBMD and see if any male names have been transcribed for those refs.
    Which census have you looked on? And have you looked for name variants such as Tunicliff(e), Marian, and even Mary Ann(e), Maryan(n)(e), as some census indexes are letter-specific.
    The more information you give about things like age and where you have already researched, the more likely you are to get a reply.

Pam Downes

genie60

Hi Henry,
    Sorry no connection that I am aware of.
    Thanks
    Lesley

genie60

Hi Pam,
    The mystery is solved, her name was not Marion, it was Mary. Maiden name Daily-Hackshaw,married name Tunnicliffe.
    I recently made contact with living relatives.
    Thanks for your advice.
    Lesley

Allan Tansley

Default Tunnicliffe

Mary Daily Hackshaw (Mrs Willis Tunnicliffe) was my great aunt, whom I never met. However, I do remember her sister, Jane Elizabeth Hackshaw, whom I stayed with in the war time, when we were bombed out of our house. I would love to know more about Marion.