stuart_rippon

Red face Henson - Giddings and Glapthorn area

I've just found the parects of my great grandmother thanks to the help of the kind people who transcribed some lincolnshire marriage registers and that has led me to a link in Huntingdonshire.

In the '51 census and I found Rebacca Gilroy nee Henson aged 30 a widow with 3 children and a visitor surname Henson in the same property ( birthplace Glapthorn about 10 miles from the Giddings - he is the same age as Rebecca)- . The Hensons look to come from the giddings area in huntingdonshire.

She was very hard to find as the writing on this page is very poor and the indexing gives a totally different name - Still made looking at about 500 pages of census worth while.

I have a possible Birth for Rebecca Henson chistened in 1823 ( I have her birth as 1821) in Glatton huntingdonshire ( about a mile from the Giddings) from the IGI and that would put her parents as Thomas and Catherine and her sister as Elenor b:1817.

I'd appreciate any help in tracing the Hensons particularly if that ties rebecca into the rest of the tree.

I've just started looking at this element of the tree so any help appreciated

Clive Blackaby

A possible longshot, but one worth bearing in mind, I'm about to start looking at records for Benefield, Northants (8 miles from Giddings, 2 miles from Glapthorne) for my supposed g5 grandmoher Bridget Henson, m Robert Hackney, 1746.

I say supposed, because at the moment my only info is from LDS patron sheets via IGI. For once the info looks as if it has been researched, but I'm hoping to "go fiching" for more solid sources in the next few weeks.

This is a bit before your current research era, but if you let me know any further details you have, I'll see what comes up.

Regards

Clive.