Thread: DUNCOMBE family

esjadee

Smile DUNCOMBE family

Hi I am researching the Duncombes who lived in Marston Moretaine in beds between about 1778 to 1900. I have quite a lot of information already but if you have any connections I woul love to hear form you to compare notes.
    Last edited by esjadee; 03-11-2004 at 8:03 PM.

DaveLadely

Exclamation Duncombe family

Hi
    I am very interested in your Duncombe research as I am trying to link up the Duncombes of Marston Moretaine and Checheley, and others, to my Duncombe lineage, from Duncombe Farm, Barley End, near Ivinghoe and Stocks, Buckinghamshire, England, which I am certain the Duncombes you mention originate.
    Another researcher is also very interested
    Subj: Duncombes in Buckinghamshire
    Date: 10/23/2005 5:45:20 A.M. Pacific Standard Time

Hi Dave

You were kind enough to reply to an email I posted on one of the forums a couple of years ago. At that time you couldn't help me but I am hoping that now i have a bit more information you might be able to. I have traced my line back to George Duncombe who died in Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire, England in 1825. I now think he was the son of John Duncombe & Rebecca Hobbs who I believe were married in Chicheley in Buckinghamshire on 29 September 1729. This is what I have so far:

Baptisms

Chicheley St Lawrence 1697 - 1754

21 Dec 1731 Wm son of John & Rebeccah DUNCOMBE

20 May 1733 John son of John & Rebecca DUNCOMBE

9 Dec 1734 Mary dau of John & Rebeccah DUNCOMBE

19 Dec 1736 John son of John & Rebeccah DUNSCOMBE

27 Jan 1740 Rebeccah son of John & Rebecca DUNCOMBE

24 Apr 1743 George son of John & Rebeccah DUNCOMBE - likely married in 1778

Burials:

Chicheley: St Lawrence 1678 - 1754

19 Apr 1732 Wm DUNCOMBE son of John & Rebecca

10 Apr 1734 John DUNCOMBE son of John & Rebecca

12 Apr 1737 John DUNCOMBE son of John & Rebecca

From the National Burial Index Bedfordshire for Marston Moretaine, St Mary the Virgin;

Rebecca Duncombe 20 February 1772

John Duncombe 2 April 1772

William Duncombe 7 April 1781

Mary Duncombe 17 May 1787

George Duncomb 8 January 1827

Do any of these entries match up with anything you have?

Thanks

Sue

Tony

Default DUNCOMBE

Dave & Sue for reference DUNCOMBE is one of my ancestral lines. The line peters out at Ralf DUNCOMBE who was born some time in the early 1400s. As were so many subsequent DUNCOMBEs, he was associated with Ivinghoe, Bucks (the other side of Leighton Buzzard from your Chicheley adjacent Newport Pagnell Sue). The long standing DUNCOMBE family homestead seems to have been Great Barleyend Farm (in Ivinghoe).
    In my tree the DUNCOMBEs survive only 4 generations (to an Alice, whose will was proved in 1617). However, I tend to grow my tree in all directions as time and means permit, and I hope to expand my complement of DUNCOMBEs given time. Ah, so much to do, so little time.

Joan Loe

Default John Dunscombe Ships Captain

I am searching for any information on John Dunscombe, his wife was Elizabeth. They had 3 daughters that I know of Mary Ann b. 1823,
    Elizabeth b. 1828, Eliza Jean b. 1832. They were all Christened at St. Augustine the Less, Bristol. I have searched so many places and cannot find any information on John Dunscombe, did find a John Dunscombe on East Indies shipping going to Jamacia, but do not know if this is him. I was told he was in America, Mary Ann was supposed to be born there but I found her on Censsus listed as born St Augustine the Less, Bristol.
    would like to hear from any other people researching the Dunscombe name. Joan Loe, Australia