bret_payne

Default Help on Grand Father from Weymyss,Fife,Scotland

My Grandfather William Noble (no middle name)
    was born I am told in Weymyss,Fife,Scotland
    on January 21, 1911.

I can't find a birth record for him, I am a newbie
    and wish to learn my entire family genealogy.
    So far I have found 150 relatives on my fathers
    side in thee states. The British and Scottish is
    tougher to research on this side of the pond.

Because he was born after the 1901 census and
    after 1910 census, he is really a fathom on the rolls.
    Any websites to research, or anyone looking up
    records would be a great help.
    I have been to many pay websites recently, only to find nothing.

Thanks in advance,

Bret Payne

joette

Hi Brett you will be unable to search online for his Birth at Scotland People as he was born less than a hundred years ago but you could have somebody look for you at New Register House in Edinburgh.As long as it's for family history purposes & you have the name & date it should be fairly staightforward.Scottish Birth Certificate should give you the name of both parents/maiden name of Mother,date/place of marriage & the name of person reporting the Birth& their relationship to child.1855 Births also contain the number, sex of other children.1856-1860 Births mainly contain only the name/maiden name of parents with no Marriage details.
    You could try the 1901 census at the above for info on his Parents etc.Try also try TalkingScots which is a great resource in all things Scottish.

Melissa

Hi Bret, my family came from Wemyss to (They were James Wemyss')
    So I know a couple of resources for you.

Friends from the Wemyss; This is a special website for people who's families come from this area, you may find relatives still living in this area. Go to the forum and ask! You never know, someone might know who William Nobles grandad is.

https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....untyFife.htm#W
    This link is for the Latter Day Saint site and by searching for Nobles you may find other older bits and pieces of your tree to use as a guide.

I agree with Joette you really need to get his birth cert from New Register House, You can easily obtain these for a cost because my cousin recently did this to get a 'grandparent entry permit' to live in the UK. (He needed his grandfathers birth cert) He managed to do this by obtaining advice from New Register houseBatchNumbers/CountyFife.htm#W[/url]
    This link is for the Latter Day Saint site and by searching for Nobles you may find other older bits and pieces of your tree to use as a guide.

I agree with Joette you really need to get his birth cert from New Register House, You can easily obtain these for a cost because my cousin recently did this to get a 'grandparent entry permit' to live in the UK. (He needed his grandfathers birth cert) He managed to do this by obtaining advice from New Register

You are so lucky to know where he was born!
    Melissa
    Last edited by Melissa; 30-01-2006 at 4:52 AM.