Thread: Tea Urn Maker

Alison McLaughlin

Default Tea Urn Maker

Andrew McLaughlin was born in Ireland between 1782/86. He was a tea urn maker and would have been working in London by 1817/21.

Is it possible to trace tea urn makers by trade or a manufacturer in London?

Any help would be appreciated. I am currently stuck, and cannot look for him in Ireland until I can get more information on him.

Famous for offering help & advice. Trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alison McLaughlin
    Andrew McLaughlin was born in Ireland between 1782/86. He was a tea urn maker and would have been working in London by 1817/21.

Is it possible to trace tea urn makers by trade or a manufacturer in London?

Any help would be appreciated. I am currently stuck, and cannot look for him in Ireland until I can get more information on him.
    Alison, I see him on the 1851 census with his family in Shoreditch. Do you have that info? [Reference HO107/1537 Folio 437 Page 1]

Trish

Alison McLaughlin

Thank you Trish

I found his son in the 1851 census, and found Andrew in the 1841 census. However I will also look up the lead you have helpfully given.

The problem is that I need an area / parish in Ireland, and the census info I have so far just gives Ireland ( unless your lead is more specific?)

Hence my trying to find out if there is a guild of Tea Urn makers, or a manufacturer who may have recorded him working for them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alison McLaughlin
    ...The problem is that I need an area / parish in Ireland, and the census info I have so far just gives Ireland ( unless your lead is more specific?)...
    As you will see... a little more specific, Alison. I'm not familiar with Irish counties so I hope "South Ca" makes more sense to you than it does to me. Good luck.

Trish

Mythology

"I hope "South Ca" makes more sense to you than it does to me."

It's Louth not South, and I would think that "Ca" is "Co" for County.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythology
    ...Louth not South, and I would think that "Ca" is "Co" for County...
    Indeed it is. Another mistranscription... I should've checked the image. Thanks.

Alison McLaughlin

Smile

To Mythology and Trish

Thank you both so much....I may not have got far with the Tea Urn makers, but this is a great lead into Ireland.