+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11
    Famous for offering help & advice
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 203 Times in 202 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alby65 View Post
    Was wondering if I could go back further with Torrence and if he and Agnes had other children. Also trying to find Mar7 and James from Charles & Alice.
    Freecen has Torrance and Agness in 1841 census in Lawn St Paisley with children James age 20 Currer Journeyman and Agness age 14 shawl trimmer (copyright GRO Scotland)

  2. #12
    Famous for offering help & advice
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 203 Times in 202 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alby65 View Post
    Charles and Mary had Mary, Alice, Agnes b. 1891, Charles b. 1888 who stayed in Scotland and had something to do with St. Mirins Church, Alexander b. 1897 who married Marion Hyndman though I can't track them any further and James O'Neill (my grandfather) who married Jane Ross b. 1894 and they came over to America around 1924.
    A couple of possible deaths for Alexander and Marion on SP.
    an Alexander b 1897 d 1965 Paisley
    a Marion b 1893 d 1979 Paisley
    The death certs give parents' names. The informant on Marion's could be a child if you are lucky. (and if the correct Marion)

  3. #13
    Loves to help with queries
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Of course, I can't view either certificate...would have to order it. The Marion doesn't look right as the other names attached to it is McCallum. Going to put all this into Ancestry and see if it comes up with anything.

  4. #14
    Famous for offering help & advice
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 203 Times in 202 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alby65 View Post
    Of course, I can't view either certificate...would have to order it. The Marion doesn't look right as the other names attached to it is McCallum. Going to put all this into Ancestry and see if it comes up with anything.
    Ah here she is 1980! Marion O'neill other surname Hyndman (but you've maybe got there already)
    d Paisley b 1891

  5. #15
    Famous for offering help & advice
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 203 Times in 202 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alby65 View Post
    Charles b. 1846 married Mary McGhee b. 1844 and they had James b. 1870, Agnes b. 1874, Alice b. 1880, Susan b. 1886 and Charles b. 1863 who married Mary Fraser. Can track Charles, as he is my great-grandfather, but can't seem to find his brother and sisters families.
    !
    There were 2 James O'Neills born between 1865 and 1878 in Paisley. One marriage between 1890 and 1900 in 1896 St Mirins. Not necessarily yours but worth considering.

  6. #16
    Loves to help with queries
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Will look into the James, maybe the James born 1857, though not the 1865. St. Mirin's is the church the entire family attended. My great-uncle Charles (who I believe never married) had something to do with the church, though I haven't confirmed anything yet.

  7. #17
    Famous for offering help & advice
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 203 Times in 202 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alby65 View Post
    Will look into the James, maybe the James born 1857, though not the 1865. St. Mirin's is the church the entire family attended. My great-uncle Charles (who I believe never married) had something to do with the church, though I haven't confirmed anything yet.
    sorry meant 1855 not 1865 - it was the 1857 James I was thinking of. There's also a james O'Neil (diff spelling)in born Paisley same time scale.

    I know Paisley well so this is very interesting!

    A thought. You could try to pick him up on the 1901/1911 census.

  8. #18
    Loves to help with queries
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Will look now; I just found William O'Neill b. 1867 living at 27 Storie Street working as packing ? maker, journyman. He married April 12, 1888 to Margaret Campbell, spinster, living at 28 Storie St., parents are Donald Campbell, ironworker and Mary Ann "Barson" not sure of the spelling as it's hard to read. Witness' were Annie Campbell

    Wish I had all this information when I visited Paisley years back...guess it's time to go again!

  9. #19
    Loves to help with queries
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yeah, found James O'Neill..buried at Woodside Cemetery in Paisley. The gravestone reads: 09061 Erected by James O'Neill, merchant, in memory of his beloved wife Sarah Hughes died 20th Septr 1885 aged 35 years and of his father Charles O'Neill died 21st March 1868(?) aged 52 years and his mother Alice reid died 20th Octr 1891 aged 68 years also his sons James died 14th June 1892 aged 11 1/2 months, Charles died 6th Sept 1896 aged 19 months, the above James O'Neill who died 29th Feby 1908 aged 64 years. R.I.P.

  10. #20
    Famous for offering help & advice
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 203 Times in 202 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alby65 View Post
    Yeah, found James O'Neill..buried at Woodside Cemetery in Paisley. The gravestone reads: 09061 Erected by James O'Neill, merchant, in memory of his beloved wife Sarah Hughes died 20th Septr 1885 aged 35 years and of his father Charles O'Neill died 21st March 1868(?) aged 52 years and his mother Alice reid died 20th Octr 1891 aged 68 years also his sons James died 14th June 1892 aged 11 1/2 months, Charles died 6th Sept 1896 aged 19 months, the above James O'Neill who died 29th Feby 1908 aged 64 years. R.I.P.
    That's very sad , tho good to have the information. I wonder if he had any other children who survived.

    I hope you find some living relatives eventually!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Select a file: