annerich1

Smile finding ellen eliza wynn 1820c

hi have just found out i have a scots relly but dont know how to find her,
    i know that in 1839 she married a robert jones in wolverhamton staffordshire and had 6 sons.
    but i know nothing about her before marriage,am awaiting marriage cert to find fathers name.
    were there census done for scotland?and was wynn an unusual name for scotland?
    any help most appreciated.

Like England, the (useful) census didn't start until 1841. Also, BMDs didn't start until 1855. Before these dates, we rely on things such as the baptismal & Marriage registers of the Church of Scotland. If you go to Scotlands People, on the front page before you get to the pay-to-use sections, there's an exce3llent Getting Started section which will give you an idea of what's possible.

Angelfields

Hello!
    I was recently on the Internet looking for any information about Ellen Eliza Wynn. All I found was your entry. The dates match in the sense that the two beautiful pencil sketches I have by her hand are early 19th century. One is a gift from her to a friend and the other is a wonderful work of Napoleon musing on St Helen's. We know he died there in 1821. I just thought I would mention this as it may be of interest to you. With my best wishes, Anne

Jan1954

Hello Anne - welcome to Brit-Gen,

Although she is still a member, annerich1 has not visited the forum for a number of years. However, if you wish to contact her direct, click on her name on the left and a drop-down menu will appear. You will then be able to send her either a Private Message or email.

Good luck with your research,