lostfamilies

Question ASHCROFT, Patter

Hi, I have a William Petty ASHCROFT born 15th Feb 1823 Patter Pembroke, I know that he was in the Navy & in 1851 I have his wife & child with her mother in Devonport, she was born in Stoke Damerel Devon so that suggests that he met & married her down there, i not found a marriage as yet but given the children's ages through the census years i got them as abt 1847, 1853, 1863 all born in devonport.
    I am trying to find out who William's parents were, he moved in later life to Northumberland where he was a shipkeeper after he had retired from the navy, I can't find him on the 1851 census which seems to suggest he was at sea any help with him i would appreciate

Lynda Cunningham

Hi Janice

Marriage 1844,
    Dec Qtr Stoke Damerel 9 507
    Ashecroft, William Petty
    Scott, Maria

best wishes
    Lynda
    Last edited by Lynda Cunningham; 03-11-2005 at 4:14 PM.

lostfamilies

Default ASHCROFT, Patter

Many Thanks never thought of adding a E to the surname, may give another search for him on the 1851 census
    Regards Janice

Lynda Cunningham

Hi again Janice

I think our rellies did it deliberately - just to confuse us

ATB
    Lynda

lostfamilies

Question ASHCROFT, Patter

Hi
    I now know why i had not found it as i did a search on FreeBMD & while on the ref & page comes up & shows Maria Scott no William Ash(e)croft i did a search on the page only, so not sure why just one of life's mysteries thanks again, it appreciated if you don't mind me asking how did you find it.
    Regards Janice

Orielbenfro

Default Ashcroft of Paterchurch

Quote Originally Posted by lostfamilies View Post
    Hi, I have a William Petty ASHCROFT born 15th Feb 1823 Patter Pembroke
    From my transcription of the baptism register for Pembroke St Mary covering the period 1813 to 1822 I note
    27 Oct 1820 Mary to John & Ellen Ashcroft of the Dock a Navy Carpenter baptized by C. Philipps
    From my transcription of the baptism register for Pembroke St Mary covering the period 1823 to 1847 I note
    12 Mar 1823 William Petty to John & Ellen Ashcroft of the Dock a Navy Carpenter baptized by C. Philipps.
    There are no birth dates shown for either entry.
    Rgds
    Orielbenfro