Jools

Red face Eades and Waud in Baslow

Researching ancestors/ descendants of the Eades family of Baslow, also the name of WAUD of the same place.
    Joseph Eades (my 2 x g grandfather was innkeeper of the Peacock Hotel, now the Devonshire Arms).
    All siblings, sidelines etc more than welcome!

Wirral

Hi Jools
    You lucky thing, searching for people from Baslow!
    You might want to look at this link https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Baslow/index.html
    David Dalrymple-Smith, Rosemary Lockie and others have done all the hard work for you. Censuses, directories, church records, grave inscriptions, they are all there.

Jools

Unhappy Waud and eades

Many thanks for your message posted a long while ago! I have not looked at this since I posted my request.Sorry for the delay in replying, most remiss of me.

devonshire baslow

Quote Originally Posted by Jools
    Researching ancestors/ descendants of the Eades family of Baslow, also the name of WAUD of the same place.
    Joseph Eades (my 2 x g grandfather was innkeeper of the Peacock Hotel, now the Devonshire Arms).
    All siblings, sidelines etc more than welcome!

Just a quick word in case you hadn't realised - The Peacock Hotel has been The Cavendish Hotel since the 1960's, not The Devonshire Arms. The Devonshire Arms Hotel has been the Devonshire Arms since the 1850's.

The confusion may have arisen because The Cavendish is owned by the Duke of Devonshire.

Cheers
    pk

janetaylor

JUST FOUND THIS. I HAVE LINKS TO THESE FOLKS IN BASLOW!!!
    JANE IN REDCAR