Thread: Photographs

RoseDunning

Question Photographs

Hi all,

does anyone know of any sources of old photographs. Unfortunately I have none and would like to try putting some faces to all the names I have found.

Thankyou

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by RoseDunning
    does anyone know of any sources of old photographs. Unfortunately I have none and would like to try putting some faces to all the names I have found.
    From experience, your best bet is if someone in your family did something for which they became famous/infamous either locally, or nationally.

If that isn't the case, the next best option is to trace someone who is related who has a collection of family photos. Do you have any cousins who may know what happened to any such collections; or any elderly relatives who still possess them?

Dealers of old books and postcards sometimes have old photos, but those which I've picked up and browsed through usually have nothing to identify them.

Geoffers

RoseDunning

Hi, unfortunately on the Rose side of my family any photographs were likely to have been burned with all the property of the deceased due to a suspicion about spirits. I have no contact with my father's side of the family.
    I'll have a go at locating some living relatives. I have a Rose family reunion of sorts on the 25th so maybe I'll have some luck there!

Thank you, Caroline