ELRYDER

Default Catherine Sarah Lambert b 1883

Catherine Sarah Lambert

b. 26 April 1883 Starling, Bury, Lancashire.
    I can trace Catherine through Birth and Baptismal Records, and in the 1891, 1901 and 1911 Census Records but have not been successful after that.
    Tried various marriage records and death records but drawn a blank. (I sent for the marriage certificate for Catherine Lambert and Albert Dean (2ndQ 1914)- that one isn’t correct

My searches have mainly been in the Manchester and Salford area and I have no idea if she moved further afield.

Catherine”s older sister Alice Wood (nee Lambert) emigrated to Australia – Bulla, near Melbourne – perhaps Catherine emigrated too ?? Emigration records ??

I would appreciate some guidelines regarding searching emigration records...so far I have not been able to verify any of the searches I have made although I consider myself quite a careful researcher.
    Does anyone have any suggestions ?

(I believe I am now stuck in a rut and repeating the same searches – need a fresh view on this !)
    Any hints would be most appreciated......thanks

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

Default Lambert b 1883

There is a private tree on A*******y,one public tree has nothing.General search shows no results.

Wilkes_ml

How many siblings did Catherine have? Did any of the others emigrate too? I don't know much about Australian records and census, but I'm sure some of the birth/marriage/death indexes are available to search on line...I would check these first to see if anything comes up.

FMP has a marriage of a Sarah C Lambert ot Walter Pollard in 1938 which might be worth a look.
    What does her birth cert say?

Is that her with brothers (presumably William JA and George in the 1891, living with John Greenhill and family? If so, have you searched for the brothers?

FMP shows a SC Lambert on a passenger list for Boston Mass, USA in 1911. I've only got the UK sub, so can't look any further to see what the entry actually is.

Catherine is with her brother William 32 born Nottinghamshire and his wife Ethel 34 born Sheffield, their dau May 5 born Salford, in 1911
    Catherine is 28, born Bury and a waitress.

When I was searching yesterday there was a Catherine Lambert in OZ but if I remember correctly she was here prior to 1911 but born 1883 so something to watch out for as a possible red herring.

I'll take another look

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

ELRYDER

Thank you for your reply - I will see if I can find some info in emigration/ passenger list data bases.

Yes Catherine was shown in the 1891 Census living with John & Mary Ann Greenhill (Uncle and Aunt) together with William( my grandfather) and George b. 1884

1911 Census shows Catherine living with William and his wife Ethel and niece May....that's as far as I can positively record info on Catherine.
    1911 Census George is living in Barton upon Irwell with wife and children
    1911 Census Alice is in Bramhall, Cheshire

Thanks for your help.

ELRYDER

Thank you for your help.......I am going to try searching passenger lists (I'm only subscribed to UK sub too) so I will have to choose if I will subscribe further. I'll also check the Sarah C Lambert and Walter Pollard marriage.
    Regarding Catherine's brothers William is my grandfather - have info for him.... and George in 1911 was with his wife and children living in Barton Upon Irwell.