Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

LOCKED POST
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/sho...83151-bigamist
    Looking for Stanley Edward Carson aka Dumayne (Dumane) Swinfield Thomas. Birht maybe Ireland. Lived in Newport Wales. "married" third time in Stroud, where "wife's" family had him arrested and he did 20-22 months in prison. Looking for more info as case I think went to Assizes court.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Dumayne Swinfield THOMAS

Born 1893 Cardiff

Have you looked at the WW1 army record which gives you 'Chapter & Verse' well not quite literally about this guy

Wilkes_ml

I wish there was a bigamist database

I only found out about the bigamist in my family when I discovered he had decendants in the US! Seemed odd to me, as he had left his wife & 3 kids in the workhouse back home in Kent!
    Through contact with the US decendants we found out that they knew nothing about his original, legitimate wife (who he returned to 30 years later ). Because he was in a different continent he could get away with it easily...even in this country people could get away with it most of the time by moving away, especially if they moved to a built up city.

Hi

Not sure if replied to you or not. Am I able to private message you? What would you like to know, happy to share what I know

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12