Thread: Bellacasa

Bellacasa

Post Bellacasa

Hello,
    I am fairly new to this type of research ( since June2014-) and based in Australia which makes Uk resources often out of bounds. My interest is in tracing family history via websites and documents /photos if possible. I am mainly interested in Seafarers - as I do have one naval ancestor I can trace and a more recent one I can only find a partial record for,. I'm also interested in British Army in India about 1790-1830- a great, great, great grandfather. Hoping I can get some help with this.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Welcome in Bellacasa, by browsing through the various forums (light blue at page top) you'll find several which may be of help to you. A name or trade etc in the search box up there ..you will find many similar posts which may also be helpful. Enjoy.

Families In British India Society: FIBIS
    www.fibis.org/
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Bellacasa

Waitabit- Thanks for the welcome I am battling family myths- as opposed to hard 'facts'- wish I had listened and asked more questions.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

We've all been there, post on with your queries when you've chosen your forums as we cannot make replies as such here.

Happy hunting
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Welcome to British-Genealogy Bellacasa.

You have come to the right place for help with your pesky ancestors. I am sure that all families have their myths and stories but sometimes there is a grain of truth in them. At least trying to disprove them is a starting point!
    Our members love a good chase so, as Wendy says, pick your forum, give us the facts and let's see what we can find.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Bellacasa

Question Thanks to Waitabit-

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Welcome in Bellacasa, by browsing through the various forums (light blue at page top) you'll find several which may be of help to you. A name or trade etc in the search box up there ..you will find many similar posts which may also be helpful. Enjoy.

Families In British India Society: FIBIS
    www.fibis.org/
    I totally missed the link the first time I read our post- I have now had a chance to have a look thank you.my great great grandfather was in the army in India- I have found his marriage record- and I know his birthdate - He is supposed to have died and left his young wife a widow and she married again. Can't find a record of his death or her subsequent marriage. Supposedly he was Captain ( no ide of the regiment)and she married down, marrying a sergeant.