Default Royal Scots Labour Corps WW1

My uncle, William Pagan born 1890 Broxburn, Scotland died 1973 (Toronto), joined the Royal Scots and then Labour Corps in WW1. I have photos in uniform (on a horse on the beach at Skegness!) and a very casual group photo eating while camped somewhere. I also have the British Army WWI Medal Rolls Index Cards, 1914-1920 for Victory and British medals (hope the following uploads)

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...0c413238d3.png

So he existed! But if you fill in the form here and even delete every fact (as is suggested) there is no trace of him - only one W Pagan and in the RAF.

Would the WW2 bomb have expunged everything bar the Medal Rolls Index?

I hope one of you reading this might be able to give me some directions. If this works I'll try you on my father in Iran in WW2!
    Thank you.
    Last edited by sbplost; 20-07-2014 at 7:03 PM. Reason: checking the website address

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi

Certainly a possibility, most Royal Scots service records seem to have been destroyed.
    He must have been one of the first to join the Labour Corps given his low service number - see - https://www.1914-1918.net/labour.htm
    His medal card is on Ancestry, but cant see any service record.
    The Medal Roll will give you what battalion of the Royal Scots he was in, but they are not online yet.
    So other than that, you probably wont find anything else military wise on him.

For WW2, nothing online yet unless he died or was awarded a gallantry medal, follow the stickys at the top of every forum to see how to apply for his records.

regards

Robert

Dear Robert,
    So sorry for the delay in thanking you (computer-swearing time).
    Will now click on the site you gave me and have a look at the other forums.
    How kind of you to help
    Regards,
    Sheila