Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thank you , but this is not my family.jatohara

Reputation beyond repute

Thank you , but this is not my family.jatohara
    If you don't quote from what you're replying to, we won't know what you mean. What is it that isn't your family? Or more to the point what is your family?

You mentioned other census returns. Please provide references. Have you got all BMD certificates relating to the family?

I am sorry but I thought I was answering that particular letter,the person I am looking for is Robert Dawson. I am only looking to find his military record ,as thanks to the British census I can track him after the 1861 census.jatohara.

Is "your" Robert the Robert (+ Isabella) in Devon (1861, 1871 and 1881) or the Robert (+Ann) in Yorkshire?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Yes Robert Dawson and wife Isabella are the family I am related to. Thank you for your help, I need now to chase up the help I have been given. jatohara.

Peaser

hi jatoharad
    The Robert and Isabella you are looking for are also my great grand parents. My grandfather was Charles Henry who was the youngest of the children. Robert seems to have served in the 93rd Sutherland Highland regiment and I'm sure they were based in Stirling Castle where there is a regimental museum. I am spending a lot of time trying to follow Isabella as I'm not sure if she was born in Scotland or Ireland and I can't find a death. She was still alive when my grandfather died which means she would be 96.

Peaser, I replied to your letter as soon as I received it , but I can't see it in these answers , did you receive it? Could you please , tell me . If not ,I will resend my answer . I am very keen to find out more about the Dawsons. Looking forward to hearing from you ,Judith.

Peaser

Hi Judith
    Have been away for a few days. Just got your reply and will be in touch soon
    Charlie

Peaser

Hi Judith
    I have a lot of census records of Robert and Isabella Dawson in Devonshire. This is the link to the history of the 93rd regiment.
    https://www.93rdhighlanders.com/conhist.html. He is shown in this regiment on the birth certificates of daughter Jane in Stirling Castle and again on son John's in barracks somewhere in Glasgow. I got most of this info from the Scotland's People website.
    I have census records for Robert's wife Isabella up to 1891 and then nothing.
    Hope this is of help and look forward to hearing back

Dear Charlie , Thank you , I tried with Scotland's people with out any luck . Did you notice he was also a warder at Dartmore Prison { not sure about spelling of Dartmore ] I contacted them ,But the prison riots in 1973 had destroyed the records. Do you have the birth cert. of Jane? I can't find the marriage cert. for Robert and Isabella .But I think I have the death cert. for Jane. Are you a member of ancestry .com ? 90% of the information I have is through them.I don't know if you know about Jane's life or about the child she had before she came to Australia. I have so many questions , what happened to the rest of the family ? I can send you photos of Jane as a assistant matron of the Freemantle Prison . She lead a interesting life. I don't know if you want this information , but I am enjoying knowing the events in my family . Hope this is not more than you want to know . Thank you again .Judith.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast