TSkorupski

Question Looking for Bletchley Park veteran

Hi,

I'm new to this website. I've been racking my brain trying to find any record of a family member who was said to have worked in Bletchley Park during WW2.

His name was Frederick Albert Edward Leung who later changed his family name to Leigh because of racial discrimination in the UK at the time. So he could be logged under Leigh or Leung. He was born in 1911 in Berlin Germany and died in Canada in 1975. He could speak German, French and English fluently perhaps due to his fluency would have made a great translator. He was was well educated and is said to have spent most if not all of his time in the UK in Bletchley his wife never knew what he did during the war.

Apparently he was a corporal the whole of War and was never promoted. After the war he had trouble finding work as he could not use his war record as a reference due to the secret nature of the work at Bletchley. His grave plaque states that he is a R.E.M.E. Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineer.
    His name is not on the Bletchley park roll of honor. If i could find any bit of record which could point to him having worked at Bletchley i would like to have this veteran entered into the Bletchley park roll of honor.

His wife was Gladys Knight later Gladys Leigh who worked as a N.A.A.F.I. during the war.

I have searched the war records on this site and can't find one single hit. Can someone help??

Thanks
    Tom

Hello Tom and welcome to British-Genealogy

You will not find WW11 service records on an online site as they are still held by the MoD.

This sticky will explain and give you the links to order the records.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs