Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

My grandma died in 1954 in Leed
    The only entry I can see is in 1956
    LAZARUS Rose D aged 84 q2 1956 Leeds 2c 261 (GRO death entry)
    Buried 24 May 1956
    BHH cemetery
    Rose Dorothy LAZARUS
    https://www.jewishgen.org/jcr-uk/Comm...etery_menu.htm

Max LAZARUS died Leeds 1964 buried Sheffield

Marriage of

BAKER Rose D married Max LAZARUS
    Beth Hamedrash Hagodel Synagogue, Newton Road
    (GRO marriage entry) q4 1945 Leeds 9b 1187

If you do not have this marriage entry, this is the one YOU NEED to purchase, it should state both BAKER & Rose's maiden name witnesses maybe family

Thank you Janice, we had a lovely lunch, baby slept ( 17 weeks) took him for a walk on the common didnot go far as it was so hot & close....

I have had a look at the birth for Mark BAKER b 1922 mother LUDSKI.

I can also see a marriage 1921 of Archie BAKER to ADA LUDSKI Leeds 9b 1130 both events are recorded on Freebmd.org.uk

Are these details correct for your family?

Jx

Thank you so very for all your help,i am so glad you had a lovely time ahh so lovely at that age.i can remember 26 yrs ago with my daughter she was born in November so very cold that day when we took her home.
    Rose Lazarus could be that as if it was baker before. I thought it was 1954 but yes could well be. The marriage entry sounds right as well. I will ring Leeds register office next week for the marriage certificate.
    The birth certificate for my father sounds right and i will get that as well.
    Archie baker i don't know about that but all could be will let you know when i get everything.
    Thank you again jx

I have has a rummage around this evening and have found that there is a family of LUDSKI the name is also recorded or transcribed as LUDSEY / LUDSKIE / LUDSKY to name a few ways.....

Archie baker i don't know about
    I literally looked for a BAKER/LUDSKY marriage and that is the only one that came up!

I can find an Archie BAKER but am not sure it is the correct one...

Getting the certificates is the only way to move this 'back', most on the forum who know me know that spending others money is my last resort....

Let us know what you find

Jx

I think it must be then, I know its so very hard with name changes and different countries, both great grandparents came from Russia I only found that out not long ago and my grandparents born in the uk.
    An Archie baker not heard about that but an Albert yes, it's all coming a lot better then though thanks to you and hopefully i will be able to find my uncle Nathan.i didn't know there was so many ways with ludski. i really need to find out and this is the only way. I will let you know as soon as i receive them. Thank you so much. If you find anything else please let me know.
    Jx

Hello Jean,it's Janice,i have just rang up the Beth hamidrash synagogue and they told me that all there birth,death.marriage records before 1954 were burnt in a fire and they don't have anything only from 1955 but i have found that my grandma like you said who died in 1956 is buried there and the address is Hamilton avenue where she died.
    I am still not sure about Claremont place if my uncle Nathan was born there and the Nathan you found is my uncle but at least I know where my grandma is and where she lived,i just need to keep cracking the nut.
    Thank you.

Hello Jean,it's Janice,i have just rang up the Beth hamidrash synagogue and they told me that all there birth,death.marriage records before 1954 were burnt in a fire and they don't have anything only from 1955 but i have found that my grandma like you said who died in 1956 is buried there and the address is Hamilton avenue where she died.
    I am still not sure about Claremont place if my uncle Nathan was born there and the Nathan you found is my uncle but at least I know where my grandma is and where she lived,i just need to keep cracking the nut.
    Thank you.

Hello Janice

A fire with the loss of all their records and the iformation they may have contained can never be replaced, however

GRO has the copy of the marriage certificate of Max LAZARUS to Rose D BAKER, and form what you have said above this is the correct name for your grandmother so this is a MUST
    Marriage of

BAKER Rose D married Max LAZARUS
    (GRO marriage entry) q4 1945 Leeds 9b 1187

This will not help identify your father who you state is Archie ( or whatever his given name is ) and was a child of Rose D again this is a certificate to find

1) your grandparents full names

2) any other given names for Archie

the certificate is Leeds 1945 9b 459

These will cost £9.25 each form

www.gro.gov.uk

Sadly this is the only way forward

Can you pm me with the weatherman's birth details as I want to look at these to see if I can link to your family

Jx

Hello jean, I know i couldn't believe it when they told me. yes the marriage of rose to max is right so i need to buy that certificate.
    No my father was called mark baker, not sure why i gave you alfie as one brother was called Albert. So i also need my fathers birth certificate. Yes i will do that now.
    Thank you.

I just sent you a pm hope you got it.
    Thank you x

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast