Default Rootsweb free pages

I have two websites on https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com but the site seems to have been down for several days. Anyone know why as I can't find anything elsewhere.
    Hugh Wallis's batch numbers is also held here, and I can't get that either.

Andrew

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I have noted the same problem I have heard that it has been disabled due to a bug....I use this program to check

https://www
    .isitdownrightnow.com/

Brick wall demolition expert!

The following is a message from the Ancestry.com Facebook page dated 22 June:

Regarding the DDoS attack:

UPDATE (Sunday, June 22, 10:30am PST): Our tech team continues to work on fully restoring all services, here is the status on the following issues:

* Mac version of Family Tree Maker not syncing
    * GEDCOM downloads from Ancestry Member Trees are not currently available
    * The following websites are currently offline: MyFamily, MyCanvas, Mundia, Y-DNA/mt-DNA, and Genealogy.com (please note we will be extending the retirement date on each of these and will have details to share once these sites are restored). Rootsweb is also still offline.

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on when these will be resolved, but will continue to post updates as we have them. If you are experiencing any other issues not mentioned here, please contact our Member Services department and we would be happy to assist you.

NOTE: there is not a separate Rootsweb facebook page but there are multiple ones for Ancestry hence the .com tag at the beginning of this message.

Thanks for that.
    At least I hold my websites on my own PC as well (and have them backed up!)
    Always think it is a pity when a site has to be taken down that they don't put up a simple 'holding' page on the URL that says what is happening. It should not be difficult to do a re-direct to anywhere.
    Andrew

They didn't get a chance. They came under one of those "denial of use" attacks that crashed them.

Things are slowly being restored, one at a time. I think that they're being sensible and restoring the damage properly on a site by site basis rather than doing quick patches which could cause later trouble. They don't want leave anything undesirable in there to play time bombs..

To me it just proves the old adage "Don't put all your eggs in one basket"! I hadn't realised how many sites link to Ancestry now until all sorts of things went down. I never put everything on a single contract with one firm!

Rootsweb free pages are back. Now I can get on with life and still not find time to do any more research/updates.
    Andrew