Thread: My dad

OLDCROW1

Default My dad

My late father Edward Ross Gordon was Canadian and flew Dakotas in the Berlin Airlift. Dad flew over 250 sorties in the Airlift and he was in 46 Squadren, 114 Squadren, detached to Berlin Airlift 1948 -1949 , 53 Squadren, 30 Squarden. I am interested i finding out any info or possible photographs or other possible information. I have all his logbooks dating back to his first flight in 1942, he flew for over 40 years, from his RAF days onto Meteors, flew in Canberra Display Team and then went to Handley Page as a Test Pilot on the Victor Bomber then eventuallly went intocommercial flying before he reitred in early 80's.

Just after dad passed away i found one of his colleagues who was his navigator during the Berlin Airlift who had been trying to find dad for many years without success. We did meet up and it was quite an emotional occasion as he had been trying to track dad down for many years.

I know this is a long shot but any info or links to info would be greatly appreciated as I would love to be able to share some of dad's flying history for historial use if poss.

Many Thanks

Oldcrow1

Was he RAF or RCAF?

OLDCROW1

Came over to UK with RCAF

Have you come across this site HERE?

There's also a document HERE about a Berlin Airlift Association . However, it's 20 years old, so the association may not exist anymore.