Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Indigo_Child

I'm also not above posting advertisements on Kijiji and other sale sites here in Canada so I'll follow that route too! I've had good luck with Kijiji - bought my daughter a set of (really expensive) tires for her Jeep Wrangler at a third of their price from an ad on Kijiji. Granted, I had to drive miles and miles and MILES into the Rockies on a road that got narrower and narrower. Ended up on a track going through the forest until I hit this chap's homestead. He knocked a bit off the price because he figured anyone stupid enough to go that far into the mountains in a Soccor-Mom's mini van deserved SOME credit! You always have to try and make life an adventure - that's why we genealogists do what we do!!

callhow

Lightbulb Microfiche reader to Microfilm reader

Many manufacturers have an "add-on" unit to allow MFiche readers to "also" view/read microfilm. However, without knowing which brand it's rather awkward - but - feasible! You will have "some decisions" to make though. Many microfilms were actually "filmed" or photographed in (comic mode - side by side) vs (cinema mode up & down ), because it was easier to view the images left - right. That said, another consideration is magnification. You may find - that the .35mm size of "most" microfilms results in an image much larger than those usually found on microfiche ... so the magnification needed to view the microfilm image will probably be a lower # or value. You'll have to experiment to find what works best for your needs.

NOTE: microfilm "add-on" units can be very expensive, and those that are powered - are much higher. Thought it might be worth mentioning, should you be considering this route. Should you have additional questions - send me an email. - callhow
    Last edited by callhow; 04-03-2015 at 5:26 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12