Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Hull Daily Mail, 28 Aug 1915
    LOCAL CASUALTIES
    The casualty lists issued yesterday by the Press Bureau contain the following:-

The following casualties are announced by the Official press Bureau (privates unless otherwise stated):-
    Reported from base, August 7th
    KILLED. East Yorkshire Regiment 2nd Battalion ...............................
    WOUNDED. East Yorkshire Regiment 2nd Battalion ........; Scott., 9153, F., .........
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Thank you very much
    That info would tie in with my other info.
    Is there any more detail.

Or any other location of info like that.
    Cheers

Reputation beyond repute

If you know your man was in the army in 1911, the SWB record can't possibly be the one where he enlisted in 1914. Or have I missed something?

SueNSW

Peter - it sounds like the first Fred Scott (9153) the OP mentioned could be the right one - rather than the second who was the 1914 enlistment

To the OP - as I suggested in post 8 - why don't you download the War Diary if you want to know more - if Fred was reported wounded in early August you will be able to follow the battalion through till then from when they landed in France

Thanks one and all.
    With the Census records, Medal Records and the info on his family I have established that
    Fred SCOTT 9153 is in fact my Grandfather.
    I have downloaded the Diary and working my way through it.
    Difficult to say where he was injured with certainty but given the info from the Hull paper its likely he was a casualty in the Trenches at KEMMEL.
    Only one person injured on the 6th Aug 1915 and one killed on the 7th Aug 1915 by Snipers.
    Very interesting and I thank you all for your assistance.
    A whole new chapter as now opened up in my research.
    Should anyone find more info I would be delighted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12