Hi Kerry

Have just been looking at the info on your website, so I think we can discount the Cornwall suggestion as a red herring. Sorry if I have wasted your time with that.

However, several things strike me:
1. Spelling: a name like 'Greatre/ix' is likely to attract many imaginative interpretations, i.e. you should do (have already done?) numerous wildcard searches. His name might have been recorded in different ways in different documents. The forename 'Jonas' might be the thing to search for????
2. Limerick sources should be at the top of your list, to see if you can establish any peripheral info about the Greatre/ix and Enright families. The good news is that there is lots of stuff available for free at Limerick Local Studies: https://www.limerickcity.ie/Library/LocalStudies/. Though I have not had any luck with the Greatre/ix name, there are lots of mentions of Enright in the Obituaries.
3. A tinsmith made small items, but was likely to have a base; whereas, a tinker was an itinerant metalworker and seller of small metal items. (Just run a search for it - lots comes up.) Have been finding references to tinsmith/tinker in the travelling community - probably another red herring.
4. Did Jonas learn metalworking skills in the army?

Sorry that this is not really moving the thread any further forward (but I now know a very little bit about tinsmiths!)

Owl