Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi

The NAA link will drop out, so you have to search for it yourself from the link above.

regards

Robert

Reputation beyond repute

The URL doesn't look right. There surely shouldn't be a <br> in the middle of it.

Try this one -

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/r...-1939-1953.htm

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Probably surplus to requirement, and a late comer

1946 Electoral roll

19 Matham Grove

Albert R TATTERSFIELD
    Mary TATTERSFIELD
    Daisy V SHERRY
    Pauline CAINE
    Ronald W VALE

a) Daisy V SHERRY married a William Upsdell maiden name BARCLAY

b) Albert Roland b 1881 married Mary Annie Charlotte DOREY they had a daughter Annie who married HOCKMEYER

c) Samuel William TATTERSFIELD b 1879 Hackney died 1970 Wolverhampton ( lack of information about him in the census)
    married
    1) Louisa Adele PROT ( French?) 1906 Brighton
    2) Edith EASON 1911 died 1918
    3) Annie VALE

Annie TATTERSFIELD died 1970 Wolverhamption states birth 16 October 1899.

I can see 2 Annie VALE in the London area 1911 maybe the marriage certificate will help

Conclusion

Ronald could have been Annie TATTERSFIELD nee VALE illeg son? No relative connection with the family at 19 Matham Grove other than by his mother's marriage to his step father

Reputation beyond repute

No relative connection with the family at 19 Matham Grove other than by his mother's marriage to his step father
    Not quite sure what you mean there. Do you mean no relatives there? The TATTERSFIELD - VALE connection (see also message #6 and #8) would make Albert and Mary TATTERSFIELD his uncle and aunt (sort of) which is fairly significant..

jac65

Hi

On the Immigration Form on the National Archives of Australia website completed by Ronald he states his next of kin in the UK was Mrs M Tattersfield of 19 Matham Grove, East Dulwich, SE22

Andy

Reputation beyond repute

So he didn't consider Annie TATTERSFIELD formerly VALE his next of kin. Clearly we're not going to get to the bottom of this without the birth certificate. Paul said he was going to order it. Let's hope it turns up soon.

jac65

Hi Peter

I don't read anything into the fact he gave Mrs M Tattersfield as Next-of-kin, the address is where he was living when he emigrated and he may have been used to giving her as his "emergency contact'. Certainly in my experience people often give other family as a contact rather even than a spouse.

Andy

Reputation beyond repute

I didn't think I was reading anything into it apart from the obvious fact that naming one person logically excludes everyone else. We're rather jumping to the conclusion that Annie VALE was his mother. We need the birth certificate to fathom exactly what the relationships are.

In post #1 Paul says " He lived in London as shown by the electoral rolls as did his parents. They were apparently killed by a V weapon ( V1 or V2).

So it may be that Albert and Mary Tattersfield were his only living relatives. I know, I know I'm presuming and supposing

Paul, if you do buy the birth certificate be sure to come back and tell us what it says!

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Ancestry shows many Vales in Australia, however there is a Ronald Vale married to Joan Mary, a company director living in Kew in 1963. Is this the right one?

More information about his wife/family would be helpful.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast