moirclan

Default RECORDS OF PRE WW2 AND AFTER WW2

I HAVE JOINED SO MANY SITES LOOKING FOR THE RECORDS OF MY GRANDFATHER JAMES ARTHUR CLARKE , I HAVE FOUND A RECORD ON ANCESTRY THAT SAYS HE WAS IN THE 1ST BATTALION OF THE BUFFS IN SERVING IN MAYMYO BURMA AND THAT HE WAS A PTE NO 6283789 ,
    IT ALSO SAYS HE WAS IN THE BUFFS ON HIS MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN MAYMYO BURMA 1934 , ON THE ANCESTRY WEDDING DETAILS IT SAYS HE WAS BORN IN 1906 AND HIS FATHER WAS ALFRED .

ON THE ORIGINAL WEDDING CERTIFICATE [ I HAVE JUST GOT HOLD OF] IT SAYS HES 25 YEARS OLD , AS ITS 1934 IT WOULD MAKE HIS BIRTH DATE 1909

HE ALSO JOINED THE BURMA INTELLIGENCE CORPS IN 1942 , I FOUND A MENTION IN THE LONDON GAZETTE THAT HE WAS A 2ND LT IN 1942 , IN 1945 ON HIS WIFES OBIT IT SAYS HES A CAPT IN THE BURMA INTELLIGENCE CORPS , AND IN 1948 WHILE EMIGRATING TO AUSTRALIA ON THE TICKETS IT SAYS HE IS MAJOR J,A CLARKE .
    HE DIED IN 1974 IN BUNBURY WEST AUSTRALIA , IM LOOKING FOR HIS DEATH CERTIFICATE , I THINK I HAVE FOUND IT , EXCEPT I THINK ITS BEEN REGISTERED THE WRONG WAY AROUND , ARTHUR JAMES CLARKE , ?? I WAS THINKING OF TRYING TO GET A COPY OF THE DEATH CERTIFICATE TO WRITE TO LONDON TO GET HIS RECORDS , EXCEPT IM NOT HIS NEXT OF KIN HE HAS DAUGHTERS ALIVE , NOT SURE WHAT TO DO AS IM AFTER HIS CORRECT BIRTH DATE AND PLACE BORN TO TRY AND TRACE HIM .
    REGARDS HELEN , WOULD ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT MORE I CAN DO ?

Firstly, welcome to Brit Gen.

Service records from WW2 and after have not been released by MOD. You can get the details and forms to apply for a copy HERE. They limit the info given to people not the next of kin for 25 years after the death, but you're well past that now so you shouldn't have a problem. You will need a copy of his death cert. You could contact one of your aunts and ask whether they have his death cert?

FreeBMD lists 3 James Arthur Clarkes in that sort of period:
    1905 in Ripon
    1905 in Wolstanton
    1910 in Manchester.

You could check the 1911 census. Search on his name combined with the father's.

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi

There is a family tree on Ancestry for -

Arthur James Nugent "Nobby" Clarke

but - birth 22 Mar 1909 Liverpool, Lancashire, England
    marriage - 25 Jan 1936 Liverpool, Lancashire, England to Isabella May Lawson
    death - 3 Oct 1985 Perth

Is that the right person?

I can only see 1 tree with James Arthur Clarke, but only shows birth as abt 1910 Hanley, Staffordshire and him in the 1911 census.

His service number indicates he joined the buffs as his original unit - The Buffs (East Kent Regiment) 6278001 - 6334000

regards

Robert

moirclan

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ,
    I HAVE CHECKED , THE CENSUS FOR ANY ONE CALLED JAMES OR JAMES ARTHUR , OR ARTHUR WITH A FATHER CALLED ALFRED , TO MANY NAMES , I NEED MORE INFO
    .I DONT KNOW HIS DAUGHTERS , MY MOTHER DIED AS A CHILD AND I DIDNT GROW UP WITH ANY CONTACT WITH THEM , I HAVE MANANGED TO CONTACT ONE OF THEM [ SHE TOLD ME HE DIED IN BUNBURY WEST AUSTRALIA ABT 1974 AND SHE THINKS HIS BIRTHDAY WAS MARCH 5TH NOT SURE OF THE YEAR .
    THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF IS TO GO TO THE RECORDS OFFICE IN PERTH AND SEE IF THEY CAN HELP ME LOCATE A DEATH CERTIFICATE

moirclan

THANKS FOR THE HELP , LOL YOU WOULDNT EXPECT THAT THERE WOULD BE SOME ONE FROM THE UK WITH THE SAME NAME THE OPPOSITE WAY AROUND BORN ABOUT THE SAME YEAR , IN THE ARMY , , SERVING IN BURMA , WITH SIMULAR RANKS , THAT EMIGRATED TO PERTH WEST AUSTRALIA ABOUT THE SAME TIME WOULD YOU ?
    BUT THERE IS AND THIS IS HIM , I WAS AMAZED BY THE COINCIDENCE , HAVE WONDERED IF THEY EVER MET
    THE ONE FROM STAFFORDSHIRE HE JOINED THE BUFFS AS HIS ORIGINAL UNIT ? ,
    THE SERVICE NUMBER I HAVE IS 6283789 WOULD NT THAT FIT INTO THE GROUP OF NUMBER YOU HAVE
    REGARDS HELEN