Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Just remembered something I came across last night: Samuel Lowe Marsden was a witness to the marriage of Henry Rowland Marsden and Sarah Hawling; wonder where he fits in? More research necessary!

There is a Simon Lowe Marsden born circa 1821, England, on US records

Naturalised in Connecticut 27 Mar 1856

https://www.
    findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=MAR&GSpartial=1&GSbyrel=all&GS st=8&GScntry=4&GSsr=2881&GRid=18740737&

Also, a Samuel Lowe Marsden was buried in Leeds: Holbeck, St Matthew and New Wortley, St John the Baptist, 16 Jul 1846, age 10days, obviously related to the family.

Samuel L Marsden is on US census his occupation is Engineer, living Connecticut; if my memory is serving me well - Henry Rowland Marsden was on a US census in Connecticut. I wonder if they travelled to America together?

Seems highly probable Henry Rowland and Samuel Lowe were brothers. This must be them, Henry enumerated as Rowland.

1841, Edwin St, Holbeck, Leeds. All born in County

John Marsden 40, Waterman.
    Maria Marsden 40
    Samuel Marsden 20, Machine Ap.
    Rowland Marsden 15, Machine Ap.

Knowledgeable and helpful

That seems to be them Henry was often referred to as Rowland.
    It seems to be shaping up into quite a well travelled family.
    I just wonder what the Staffordshire connection is. If Sarah Lowe was born Cheshire or Lancashire on the border of Staffordshire then she may have fudged to census. But even so it doesn't explain why they were there in the first place

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123