Valued member of Brit-Gen

Wink Briton Ferry Baptisms

Hi everyone.
    Is there anyone who could do a lookup for me at the Parish Church in Briton Ferry (St Mary/ St Mary & St Clements). I am looking for the baptism of Amelia Duncan b 1856 and Caroline Duncan b 1858 (parents Robert & Amelia). The others in the family are all on IGI but not these two.
    I also have addresses of 'Sand Houses', Plas Newydd Farm in Dyffryn Clydach and Gellifellgaws Farm in Dyffryn Clydach for the Duncan family. Any info on where these were, and if they're still there? And are there any Duncans still in Briton Ferry?

Thanks

Starting to feel at home

The BR for David, William, Dan and Anne's baptisms are shown on FMP, but although the BR goes up to February 1859, there don't seem to be baptisms for Amelia and Caroline. FMP also has the BRs beyond 1859 online, and there don't seem to be any Duncan children.

The original registers are held at the Glamorgan Archives in Cardiff. Facsimiles of the parish registers also held at the West Glamorgan Archive Service in Swansea.

As to the houses, Sand Lane still exists in Briton Ferry. Dyffryn Clydach addresses are to the north of Neath, however. Plas Newydd is in the Cilfrew, just to the north of Neath. Gellifelgaws Farm is not far away from Plas Newydd: in Bryncoch, some two-thirds of the way from Neath to Pontardawe. You can even stay there if you like (https://bwthyn-felgaws.wales.info/).

Could the family have lived in Briton Ferry, and subsequently moved a few miles north the Dyffryn Clydach area in Cadaxton parish? There are some Duncan baptisms there for the right period, but not for the children of Robert and Amelia.

The electoral rolls for Neath list 6 people with the surname Duncan. Please PM me if you'd like me to pass the details on to you.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Thumbs up Thanks William

Thanks William....Can't figure out why Amelia and Caroline aren't on any online records. I'm sure they would have been baptised at the same place as their siblings.
    Amelia and Caroline lived in Briton Ferry until their parents died. They then went to live with their Uncle (Thomas Duncan) at Plas Newydd Farm.
    Thanks for looking at the electoral rolls....I was just interested to see if there were still Duncans in BF.