Thread: Hi There

Anthea Fishburn

Thumbs up Hi There

My daughter and I have recently started researching our family tree and have found a few interesting items in our search. As I am now 62, it has been a great trip down memory lane to my childhood, remembering the toilet down the bottom of the garden and the lack of hot water in the house. One wall of my great Grandma's front room was covered in photos, it really makes me feel nostalgic.
    We have only been doing this for a couple of weeks but have been fortunate to go back to 1811, basically because our ancestors stayed in one region. But I am anxious to go further back, and as you say, put some leaves on the trees..

Hoping you can help me
    Regards
    Anthea

A very warm welcome to British-Genealogy Anthea (and your daughter)

I do hope you still have access to all those photos and that someone took the time and trouble to write the names of the people on the back. So many of us have boxes of photos without a clue as to who the people are.

We have so many members on the forums who live to help others and share their knowledge willingly so once you have chosen the appropriate forum to post your queries it won't be too long before you have some replies.

Enjoy

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Anthea Fishburn

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    A very warm welcome to British-Genealogy Anthea (and your daughter)

I do hope you still have access to all those photos and that someone took the time and trouble to write the names of the people on the back. So many of us have boxes of photos without a clue as to who the people are.

We have so many members on the forums who live to help others and share their knowledge willingly so once you have chosen the appropriate forum to post your queries it won't be too long before you have some replies.

Enjoy

Christina
    Unfortunately I don't have access to those photos. I was only a child at the time and don't know what happened to them. It feels as tho something is missing just getting the BMD of our ancestors, and it was nice to tell my daughter my memories.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Anthea,
    do you have contact at all with any relatives who may have these photos or copies?

You say you have only been researching for a couple of weeks, so-ooo anything you have found is a bonus & a reward.

If you care to share any names of people, & places you may start a landslide of info from members. I so love it when folk from farflung places put it together.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Anthea Fishburn

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Anthea,
    do you have contact at all with any relatives who may have these photos or copies?

You say you have only been researching for a couple of weeks, so-ooo anything you have found is a bonus & a reward.

If you care to share any names of people, & places you may start a landslide of info from members. I so love it when folk from farflung places put it together.
    I am very excited to have received 100 pages of our family history from my uncle in the UK. He researched the Hancock side of our family and has included quite a few photos. I am trying to research the Laurence side. He received some info from a cousin Keith Laurence, so now I would like to contact him.
    Very exciting!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Exciting news Anthea, I do hope the persons in the photos are named well. Is the Laurence Family also in UK or S.Africa? please remember we try not to name any living persons on the forum.
    Do you need any help in finding Keith L? I see there are many in UK in almost every County. If we can help there do say so, & give a birth year if you have it & county.

If you are a member of Ancestry or Genes reunited, you may be able to contact K.L. that way
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Anthea Fishburn

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Exciting news Anthea, I do hope the persons in the photos are named well. Is the Laurence Family also in UK or S.Africa? please remember we try not to name any living persons on the forum.
    Do you need any help in finding Keith L? I see there are many in UK in almost every County. If we can help there do say so, & give a birth year if you have it & county.

If you are a member of Ancestry or Genes reunited, you may be able to contact K.L. that way
    thansk Waitabit. My uncle may have Keiths e-mail address, so I will wait for his reply before putting you to any trouble.
    Thanks again