Default Aircraft Serial Numbers

My Wife recently uncovered from the attic her late Fathers flight log book, I have been trying to track down the aircraft that he flew to see if any of them have survived, I have found one aircraft G-AKPF that is still flying today.
    All the aircraft with the G- prefix I have found information on but in the log book are lots of numbers I don't understand, does anyone know a way of finding out about these numbers.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Civil aircraft in the UK have registrations that start with G-. Typically that’s followed by 4 letters as in the example you gave. (The G prefix indicates UK. EI-indicates Republic of Ireland, F – France, and so on). UK Military aircraft have a different, but similar, system. They use two letters, followed by 3 numbers eg XV-123. I can’t actually read the logbook in your post to tell if that’s what is written there, but I suspect it is..

I expect that there is a publication somewhere which lists all the UK military registrations that you can look up.
    ELWYN

TomBen

Hello,

Can you send in a larger version of the picture?

I'd be more than happy to take a look for you.

Alternatively you can try the Photo Experts at Forces War Records. They have a team of experts from Ex-Service Personnel to Degree Qualified Military Historians.

Kind Regards,

Tom
    Last edited by TomBen; 02-04-2014 at 1:53 PM. Reason: Correcting my atrocious spelling and grammar

Hi Tom will do it when I get home, thanks for the reply.

Hi again Tom most of the log book listings the aircraft have a G prefix and a bloke at the CAA gave me a very good website to search those ones and we found one Miles Hawk G-AKPF is still flying, the other ones are as follows
    Anson LJ197
    Dominie F870
    Anson DJ469
    Lanc NX271
    Anson PH533
    These are the ones I am a little stumped with.
    Martin