Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Maggiemac

Default Louisa G and Albert E Bennett after 1963

Hello, I have asked for help with my query at other places but have had no answers,but hope this time I will have a bit of luck. So fingers crossed

Louisa Georgina Whitehead was born in 1897 in Woolwich,she first married William Slater in Woolwich in 1930.(I can't find a death for him)
    She then married Albert E Bennett in Woolwich in 1963,she would have been 66 years old by this time.

I have found this couple in the Election Lists living in Woolwich up until 1963,and then they seem to have just vanished !!

Can anyone find them for me please after 1963.?

Many thanks

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Have you got the marriage certificate to see where they were living at the time of marriage?

I can see them to 1963, maybe the elcetoral rolls for post 1963 for this area are not yet digitalised!

Reputation beyond repute

As Geneius has said, you need the second marriage certificate to find out their addresses so you know where to look. Knowing how old the groom was would also help.

Maggiemac

Thank you Geneius for your reply, no I haven't got the marriage cert, but another relation of mine will be ordering it in a couple of week time

Maggiemac

Thank you Peter for your reply, we will know the age of the groom when we get the marriage certificate, then maybe we can go from there. Hopefully!!!

We await the certificate thro' the letter box and details thereon

Jx

Maggiemac

Thanks folks for all your help...but she is the wrong one !!!!

The marriage certificate arrived, and it was for a Louisa GRACE Slater. So mine is still on the missing list!

Thanks again

Maggiemac

Starting to feel at home

If your Louisa and William lived in Belson Road then William appears to be on his own in 1957. There is a Woolwich death for a Louisa Slater q1 1956. Could be yours.
    Gill

Maggiemac

Many thanks Gill, I will look into this, sounds as though she could be mine.

Maggiemac

Starting at the beginning....

You have Louisa Georgina WHITEHEAD b 1897 Woolwich 1d 1262

24 St Marys Street, Woolwich

She appears on the 1911 census as the niece of William H YOUNG and Maria YOUNG also in the household appears to be another niece Elizabeth WHITEHEAD her sister ( Elizabeth Marion WHITEHEAD bp Aldershot 1894 d/o William George ( Sergeant in RA) & Elizabeth Caroline) ?

Listed as a lodger is a Frederick SLATER! Who appears to have been a sergeant in the RA

Louisa G to William SLATER q3 1930 at Woolwich,1d 3095 do you have this marriage certificate?

Is Edith Millicent WHITEHEAD another sister?
    Last edited by geneius; 24-04-2014 at 10:28 PM. Reason: last ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast