Starting to feel at home

Default Squadron Leader Apthorp-Webb, 1941/43

Squadron Leader Apthorp-Webb (possibly Abthorp-Webb), 1941/43 commanded a wireless-operators' course, somewhere in England, during the period 1941 to 1943. His wings show him to have been a pilot.

I have looked for him in the London Gazette, but with no luck.

Grateful, as always, for any help anyone can give.

David

Mark Evans

I have just received a copy of a photograph with Squadron Leader Apthorp-Webb on it. It's a group of RAF airmen, typical of the course photos taken at Operational Training Units. I'm pretty sure its from 104 OTU based at Nutts Corner, Northern Ireland. He has the pilots wings brevet and I'd guess he was one of 2 instructors for this group of pupils. If you can email me, perhaps we can exchange further information? I've only just registered on this forum, so I'm not planning to log in often. Look forward to hearing from you.

Mark

Indigo_Child

Oh my goodness! If you get anyone really knowledgable replying I have a photo of a relative showing King George VI a Spitfire but no name except that he was my mother's brother and died in Greece. I too cannot find ANYTHING about this poor man and would appreciate if anyone out there could help me out. I have searched and searched even the "outliers" (i.e. parent's brother's children) to see if any of them was in the RAF but still no luck.