Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Brick wall demolition expert!

I thought that I would let you all know that I have finally received a response from FMP. They claim not to have received my first two messages, despite them being sent via their web site!

I was not surprised to see that the first part of their email effectively blamed my computer, something I know to be untrue. However, they did provide me with a link to get on to my account and a reset password.

When I went into my account, I found that they had me residing in Australia, and much as I love that country, I have replied that I wasn't aware that Lancashire had been annexed to the Southern Hemisphere.

There is no mention in their email of compensation, let alone 2 months free usage, so I have responded specifically asking about that, and will let you know their response, if I ever receive it.

thewideeyedowl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    "just got better" to "Findmypast just changed"
    Well, this use of language says it all. Or perhaps I should have typed "just" says it all. FMP should not sanction such sloppiness.

Owl (formerly an English language teacher)

I've had a response, and they have extended my subscription by 2 months ..........

I tried a simple search that I knew the results of from before and got different results. So I emailed them the specifics, and they sent me a response, which I can't follow, and now I suspect that they have gone home, so I will have to wait until tomorrow.

However, having now got into the site I can see what all the fuss is about. Interestingly it reminds me of FMP Australia, which when it was originally launched could not be accessed from FMP UK, so I seem to recall (and this is some years ago) that I took a trial with it and then discontinued it.

So I think that rather than FMP launching a new platform, that they have migrated everyone to the Australian, or perhaps the overseas version, which would then explain why my account details had me residing in Australia. Or course the scope and breadth of the overseas records was/is considerably narrower than the UK records that they hold, so I suspect whilst the overseas platform might have more "capacity" (whatever that maybe), it was never properly trialled for the complexity of the UK records.

None of that of course excuses launching something that has so many problems, that they have managed in a week to almost completely squander the good will that they had built up over many years with loyal customers.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Logged on to FMP to change my settings re automatic renewal.

With several browser windows open, the FMP home page title in the status bar now reads

Search Ancestry.....

OK, I will!

Peter

Says it all really.

I have given up and haven't been on fmp for days.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Knowledgeable and helpful

Evening all. Having read a few of these I just logged in to their site to make sure that my subscription does not renew automatically. Spot the deliberate mistake....my subscription expires on 24 September 2014. Next to that it states

"You currently have a 1 year Britain subscription. If you'd like to renew, wait until 21 December 2013 when your 10% loyalty discount will be applied."

I suppose that most people using FMP do go backwards.....as indeed has FMP!
    "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors.” Edmund Burke

I have just been scrolling through the pages at https://feedback.findmypast.co.uk/for...d-improvements

Have been relieved to see "Started" "Planned" or at least "Under Review" against the most important ones, though it would have been good if they had properly beta tested all this. Interesting also to see which questions have just been ignored, like the "Will we get a subscription extension?" one

Ability to search by census reference is flagged as "Launching Soon"
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by elsinore View Post
    Logged on to FMP to change my settings re automatic renewal.

With several browser windows open, the FMP home page title in the status bar now reads

Search Ancestry.....

OK, I will!

Peter
    I'd already seen that Peter, and had emailed FMP
    "Has anyone in your company not yet realised that when you sign into FMP the tab on the computer screen reads 'Search Ancest...'?
    It gets even more confusing that the square with the dots in it has a green background which is not exactly the colour as Ancestry's symbol but near enough. Why can't you use a blue background in the square? Or a white background with blue dots?
    "

Judging by the reply I received I don't think they get it:

"I am sorry to hear that you have been disappointed with the site and hope that this will not deter you from using it again in the future.

The URL reads Search Ancestry, Genealogy, Uncover family History - findmypast.co.uk

Having customer feedback is very important to us and this feedback will be used to assist us with future site development.

Any suggested site changes have already been read and noted. We shall be reviewing these and where possible suggested changes will be included.
    "

Yes, I know what the URL says, but when you have several windows/tabs open you don't look at the the URL. And even that begins 'Search Ancestry...' or do I mean

The final sentence of the reply read:
    "Please do continue to tell us about any suggestions that you may have."

That's tempting.

Pam

Devonmade

I also decided to do just as you have.

Sue

OMG - they have reinvented the quarter system for civil registration records. So no longer do you see Jan but instead quarter 1!

GRO won't recognise this. Am I being cynical when I think "they've done this to get more saps to buy certificates through them rather than at the cheaper price direct from the GRO"?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast