Thread: Slider

Lee_Mill

Default Slider

Lovin the new slider

Was going to suggest having a method of multi selecting dates/periods, but thought it was being a bit picky, so very much welcomed, helps me a lot, thank you.

Was wondering if you could start a new board/forum area for general topics (like this one).

Lee

Hi Lee

I think you must be a FWR member, but you are actually now on the British Genealogy forum, which already has a General Chatter section - though no sliders, so most won't know what you mean. Have a look at the sticky thread at
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...rs-Please-Read
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Lee_Mill

Hi Sue,

many thanks, yes I can see that now seems FWR have their forums displaying in an aframe, so not many boards are showing, didn't even realise it was part of a bigger thing lol. Thank you for link to a tip, clears up a lot that I was unsure about.

Take care, Lee

Knowledgeable and helpful

Errrrrrr whats a slider??? apart from my grandchildren on the garden slide

Quote Originally Posted by sandiep View Post
    Errrrrrr whats a slider??? apart from my grandchildren on the garden slide
    They've got them on the Ancestry site now. You can click on a slider and slide it fully to the right for Exact Search, or fully to the left for very fuzzy matches, with near matches somewhere in the middle. With dates you can specify the width of the search with the slider bar.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Knowledgeable and helpful

Ah! thank you now I know what they are on Ancestry!!!............things change so often it often takes me a few
    weeks before I have found out what everything does.......usually by default!

Lee_Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    They've got them on the Ancestry site now. You can click on a slider and slide it fully to the right for Exact Search, or fully to the left for very fuzzy matches, with near matches somewhere in the middle. With dates you can specify the width of the search with the slider bar.
    Not quite.

It allows you to multi select periods of time, so instead of just ww1 or just ww2 etc you can select a date range, so ww1 and ww2, is better for finding military careers, I find it useful for selection ww2 and post world war, it can give you a persons complete CV as it were.

Having said that it seems to have disappeared now, perhaps they are testing it