MacGregor

Default Deleting a Folder

Hi,

I am trying to delete a folder that I no longer require - can you advise me on how to do it.

Many thanks for your help - I do still make mistakes clicking around the site hoping that something I recognise will pop up - not a youngster any more but still try and keep up with the tech.

Hello MacGregor

when you say you are trying to delete a folder do you actually mean you have made a post on one of the forums and now you don't want/need it?
    If so can you tell us which forum it is in, the subject etc so we can find it. Or you could copy and paste the URL to here so we can just click on the link.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

MacGregor

Dear Christina,

Oh dear! I can't actually remember which forum it was in. It was my first foray into Parish Chest around 2008 and I opened a folder for it on the left hand side of the screen where it says 'subscriptions'. I did manage to empty the folder, but cannot lose the folder completely. It could have been in 'Brickwalls' and was regarding the MacGregors of Killin/Kenmore/Blairgowrie. There was also some correspondence from I think it was Kingetter. I hope this helps, but not to worry if it doesn't I'll just the the folder where it is.

Many thanks

Hello MacGregor
    I have looked at your post in 2008 which unfortunately has not received any answers. If you want to revive it just click on your name, choose 'View forum posts' from the drop down menu. To make your post appear on today's list, just click on 'reply to post' and then just type in something to say that you are still seeking this info. If you have learnt something more then give that info and say what you are still trying to find out. If you have solved it and don't want to do anything at all then just ignore what I have said.
    I did take a quick look at Kingetters posts to see if I could connect him to one of yours but there were too many .

About folders in left hand side of page, only you can see these. To access them you need to click on 'forum actions' in the blue bar at the top of the page then on 'edit profile' On the next page in the left hand column scroll down until you see 'edit folders' click on this and then these words come up

To delete a folder, remove the folder's name from the list.
    Folder Name
    'subscriptions' This is in the box, so replace it with your folder name and then click 'save changes'

Let us know how you get on.

Christina
    William Burroughs

MacGregor

Hello Christina,

Thank you so much for all your help with this, but the deleting of the folder is not working; I have done all that you have said, more than once, but the folder for MacGregor is still there; never mind, it will just have to stay there. I did originally get a lot of help from Kingetter, but I decided that as this line of my family was not going to go anywhere, I emptied the folder and also emptied the in-box. It has been there since 2008, not really doing anything.

I have been amazed at the help I have received from various members, not sure how they have have come up with the answers at times; this is the only forum I use, so will have to get some more practice in.

I presume we are talking about folders you have created in the past for private messages? I have just created a folder called Test by clicking on Edit Folders under My Messages in UserCP, and typing in a name in a box under Add New Folders and clicking Save Changes. This makes it appear under the list of folders listed under Inbox and Sent on the left hand side. I then deleted it again by looking under Your Custom Folders and deleting the name in the box, then clicking Save Changes again.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

MacGregor

Done!!! Many thanks.

All done whilst I was sleeping. I was going to come on and say I would get Sue to solve it!
    Christina
    William Burroughs