Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    jaseazulay

Default ISAAC LEONINI AZULAY

Hi All

I am very interested in this man and especially his son Moses(Morris) and grandson, also Isaac.

I believe he came to London in 1832 and died in London, in around 1840, leaving his second wife Bella, with the children.

I believe Moses (b 1810 in Hamburg), married a Rachel "Matilda in London and had one son, Isaac.

This Isaac, I believe married twice to Clara Isaacs and Rosina Slotkey Jacobs

Anyone who has any information of shared interest in them, please get in touch

Jase

Hello Jase, welcome to Brit-Gen.

First I should explain I have no connection to the people you mention above. I have done a cursory search for the names and wonder if you know did Isaac jnr and Clara, his wife, divorce?

A fountain of knowledge

Any connection to your AZULAY family?

The Times (London, England), Monday, Dec 04, 1837
    PURSUANT to a decree of the high court of chancery, made in the cause "Azulay V X?" such of the children, if any, of Moses Azulay, otherwise Blaw, and Soloman Azulay, otherwise Blaw, the nephews of Moses Azulay, otherwise Blaw, formally of Brookersby- walk Homerton in Hackney, in the county of Middlesex and the sons of Soloman Azulay, otherwise Blaw the brother of the last named Moses Azulay, otherwise Blaw, as were living at the death of Esther, the natural daughter of the said Moses Azulay, the uncle [which happened in the month of July 182?] or the legal personal representative or representatives as such of them have since died and hereby required forthwith to come in and establish their claims as such children and representatives before Francis Cross esq., one of the masters of the said court, at his chambers in Southhampton Building Chancery Lane London or in default thereof they will excluded the benefit of decree.
    Johsua Alexander, Plantiff's soliciter, 6 Union Court, Old Broad street, City.

A fountain of knowledge

Will of Moses Azulay otherwise Moses Blaw, Gentleman of Saint John Hackney, Middlesex

https://discovery.nationalarchives.go...ls?uri=D605083

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by shippo View Post
    at the death of Esther, the natural daughter of the said Moses Azulay,

Will of Esther Gwennap otherwise Blaw of Clerkenwell , Middlesex
    31 July 1821

https://discovery.nationalarchives.go...ls?uri=D142156

As a follow up to #4 of this thread see Synagogue Scribes Wills NA 1198 Moses Azulay otherwise Blaw - Probate 11 Dec 1739 - this is a summary of the probate and includes a range of names including Moses brother Solomon Azulay otherwise Blaw as well as overseas relatives. See also London Land Tax returns which has an early 1710 Aldgate record for Moses Azulay. Free BMD Marriage Moses Azulay April qtr 1841 London 2 152b includes possible spouses- Jane Hart; Rosina Michaels; Octavia Mitchells. Synagogue Scribes GSMa 072/06 Marriage -Rachel Azulay father's Hebrew name Abraham our Father- Lewis Lazarus 31 Oct 1847.
    The Jewish Victorian . Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1871-1880 transcribed and edited by Doreen Berger, 1999 Pub Robert Boyd- Mr Bondy AZULAY thanks for condolences for his lamented sister- Mrs Moritz Gumpel COHN - 7 Barnsbury Stret N 7.1.1876
    Phillip

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Just as I ahd found some of the above...so my bit!!

1851 census
    HO107 1545 529 19
    Colchester Street
    AZALAY Mausice aged 37 b Germany Umbrella Maker
    AZALAY Matilda aged 39 b Whitechapel
    AZALAY Isaac aged 5 b Bishopgate

Isaac AZUKAY married Clara ISAAC 1866 1c 200

1871 has the family trsamscribed as ARCELAY
    RG10 49 36 63
    129 Brompton Road
    Isaac 26 Photographer
    Clara 30
    Saraha M 3
    Morris A 1
    WALKER R ebecca 15

Clara AZULAY died 1918 West Hamm 4a 675

Isaac AZULAY died q1 1933 Southwark 1d 46

Grant of Probate

Isaac AZULAY of 22 Old Kent Rd died 3 March 1933 Probate Lewes Herbert AZALEY gas lighting mechanic Est £ 503 1s 6d

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Hello Jase, welcome to Brit-Gen.

First I should explain I have no connection to the people you mention above. I have done a cursory search for the names and wonder if you know did Isaac jnr and Clara, his wife, divorce?
    If they did divorce the case has lots of info, do you have the details?

See Free BMD for the Death of Isaac Leonini Azulay July qtr 1840 Shoreditch 2 63. Bella appears with her children in the 1841 Census Newton St Shoreditch HO107 707 4 9 42 28 16 and in census up to her death in 1868. There are 4 Ancestry Com family trees one of which contains a portrait of Isaac plus data on his marriage and children. The family trees give a dob for Isaa of 1787 born Livorno Italy although one says Jerusalem- parents- Raphael Isaiah Azulay- mother Simcha Leonini. The wife of Isaac is given as Bella Friedlander 1789-1868 b Prussia/Germany. The children are- Vidal Hyam 1808-1878 m Rachel Natali; Harriet b 1811; Bondy 1813-1898 m Catherine Moses.

Nb You would need to check the accuracy of this data.
    Phillip

2nd marriage

Name: Isaac Azulay
    Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1910
    Registration district: Brighton Sussex
    Volume Number: 2b
    Page Number: 525

Also indexed: Rosina Slotkey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast