Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    researchersuz

Hi Christina.......i have my granddaughters 18th tomorrow and one of my daughters is getting married on Saturday...so i will gather up all the other information i have and send it next week. Kindest Regards, Suzanne.....i have some other info.

Have a lovely few days with your family celebrations Suzanne. We'll see you when you recover

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

researchersuz

Hi Christina
    Thank you for your lovely message last week, the Wedding was a huge success, everybody enjoyed themselves, it was so special.
    More info i have about William Williams. There are 4 newspaper clippings on TROVE, part of the National Library of Australia Newspapers online.
    Some these articles say William was born on 12 February 1838 in Ipswich, Suffolk, England.
    William's parents Edward Williams and Jane Bett, we have not found yet. Some family members say Breage, Cornwall.
    The newspaper articles are all n 1938.
    Barry (one of William's Grandsons) has given me all the info i have.
    William Williams and Mary Ann Glover, got married in John Glover's home.
    The offical marriage certificate does not have Edward Williams and Jane Bett, but some typed information Barry sent me has the names on it. Regards Suzanne It is said William Williams emigrated in 1854 on the ship "Windsor". arriving in Melbourne Aust.

Hello Suzanne
    It sounds as if you had a very successful weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by researchersuz View Post
    Hi Christina

The official marriage certificate does not have Edward Williams and Jane Bett, but some typed information Barry sent me has the names on it. Regards Suzanne
    What exactly does the marriage certificate say? Can you give us all the info it has.
    I think you need to ask Barry the source of his information concerning WW's parentage. How has he or others tied these people together? Reliable primary sources are so important.
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

researchersuz

Hi Christina
    i have Wiliam Williams Index No: for death certificate, so i will be able to obtain that now.
    in pay roll lists of 12th suffolk foot regiment in 1856 i saw a William Williams with a Military Number: 3407
    On Ancestry.com i saw......1851 England Cenus
    Name: william williams
    born: abt. 1838
    mother: jane williams
    where born: pancras, middlesex, england
    Household members: Jane williams 36
    william williams 13
    jane williams 7
    Source Citation: Class: HO107, Piece: 1495 Folio: 119 Page: 22; GSU roll: 87826-87827

i could not tell you where the family got the birthdate for William as 12 February 1838
    i will await the Death Certificate for William Williams now. Regards, Suzanne

researchersuz

Hi Christina
    I have found a copy of William Williams marriage certificate ...4057/1874
    marriage of william williams and mary ann glover
    date: 23 october 1874
    place: kyeamba creek near wagga wagga nsw australia
    bridegroom: william williams
    born: england
    place of residence: kyeamba creek nsw
    father's name: edward williams (labourer)
    mother's name: jane bett
    bride: mary ann glover (spinster)
    born: gumly gumly, via wagga nsw
    residence: kyeamba creek nsw
    fathers name: john glover
    mothers name: mary lennon
    witnesses: james watts and james baker
    married in: the house of john glover, farmer, kyeamba creek nsw
    According to: the rites of the church of england
    with the permission of john glover (the bride being under age)

i also found a Research Report, Barry had sent me: Vivienne Aldous, Freelance Archivist, Genealogist and Archive Researcher
    her 16 page report came up - WITH NOTHING
    Barry had asked her to: try & confirm the birth,parentage and antecedents of William Williams, thought to have been born in Ipswich, suffolk on 12 february 1838 or c. 1843 and who went to australia in 1855. Regards, Suzanne

gasser

i have Wiliam Williams Index No: for death certificate, so i will be able to obtain that now.
    in pay roll lists of 12th suffolk foot regiment in 1856 i saw a William Williams with a Military Number: 3407
    Did he die in 1938 aged 100 and celebrated his 100th birthday at Ladysmith Soldiers Hall as mentioned here ...
    https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/re...gnore*&sortby=

Also the military number is just slightly different than the number found in post 7 [3470]...
    The 1851 census looks interesting .....
    re Jane Bett ???
    I found on free bmd these marriages in 1841 reg Kensington Marriages Sep 1841 which mentions a Jane Bell
    BATTYE Frederica Elizabeth Kensington 3 248
    BELL Jane Kensington 3 248
    IBELL Mary Kensington 3 248
    LITCHFIELD James Kensington 3 248
    Llewhellin Mary Kensington 3 248
    LOVELIDGE Allen Thomas Kensington 3 248
    WARNER William Kerby Kensington 3 248
    WILLIAMS Edward Kensington 3 248
    Could BETT/BELL be mistranscribed....????

As you can see, I'm still pondering on William and throwing bits in as I think of them

researchersuz

Hi...thanks so much for your reply, yes that is William Williams who turned 100 years (re. the post in Trove)....the Bett surname could quite easily have been mistranscribed, i hadn't even thought of that...thank you........it is quite obvious that either the birthdate, where he was born or his mother's surname has been mistranscribed. Anyway, something is wrong with the record, hopefully between us all, we can figure it out. regards, suzanne

researchersuz

Hi Christina
    i been searching a bit more....i found this....what do you think?
    William Williams born 1838 Breage, Cornwall, Wales to Edward Williams and Jane

TIMELINE FOR William WILLIAMS
    1851 living in St Pancras, Middlesex, England
    1861 living in Breage, Cornwall, Wales
    1860's emigrated to Australia, Melbourne, Victoria (have to confirm though)
    1874 married wagga, nsw
    1938 death: Ladysmith, NSW, near Wagga

TIMELINE FOR Jane ....... Williams (then Juggins)
    Born 1816 Germoe, Wales died: 1877?
    Marriage to Edward Williams not found yet, i think Edward died in 1849?
    Marriage in 1850 to James Juggins
    Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
    Residences in 1851
    St Pancras, Middlesex, England
    Breage Cornwall, England
    Foxcote, Withington, Gloucesterhire, England
    Residence in 1861 Breage, Cornwall, Wales

i think Jane might have had 2 sons with James Juggins?? not sure

I personally don't believe William WILLIAMS was in the Army

Regards, Suzanne

gasser

In 1841 Census there is
    William Williams age 3 and Jane Williams age 26 with others on page (? institution of some sort?) ST PANCRAS, Middlesex HO107 piece 684 folio 4/18 page 30
    Have not found Edward 1841...yet! But did find a reference to an Edward Williams, born 1806 St Margaret's Parish of IPSWICH Suffolk, who joined the 65th regiment of foot and he enlisted at WESTMINSTER aged 18. He was discharged in 1837.
    Now.....Could he be father?? and son William 'followed suit' into the army and somewhere down the line got mixed up on his own birthplace????
    and another point to consider is that Kensington, Westminster, St Pancras, Marleybone are in close proximity! (these places mentioned in a possible marriage record, 1841 census, attestation papers) The fact that there is a Jane and William going with name Williams in 1841 and then a subsequent possible marriage for a Jane Bell and Edward Williams later in 1841 doesn't have to be ruled out. Just thinking on these at the moment....all speculation I know,

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast