Sassenach

Default 102 squadron 1918/1919

I am trying to find info on this squadron and my wife's grandfather Hugh O'Donnell who was an AC2 169580. I have his Cert of Emplyment during the war and his medals in original boxes yet can find no trace of him in these records. A mystery and any help will be appreciated.

Reputation beyond repute

can find no trace of him in these records
    I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by "these records".

I can locate his service record by following the standard advice in the National Archives Research Guide

Sassenach

I meant the Forces War Records on this site. Have found nothing but following your link and thanks so much for your help. I am new to this, usually left to my more gifted son but he away to the US.

Sassenach

I have searched those online records at The National Archives and all those Hugh O'Donnells and none are he, DOB 12/06/1898

Sassenach

Peter, found a reference containing his No and sent off a request for an estimate for the record. Thanks. Any links to the 102 squadron at this time much appreciated.

Starting to feel at home

I too asked advice on this site as to how to find RAF records for WW1. I was adviced to try the RAF but that would cost £30. I was also told about the National Archives Kew, they quoted £20 as it's not an online document. Then one of your kind posters suggested a private researcher for Kew and he quoted £4.50!!! I sent him the reference on Sunday and received the document on Wednesday. How's that for service.

Reputation beyond repute

Any links to the 102 squadron at this time much appreciated.
    You may find it rewarding to carry on looking through the National Research Guides. Follow the links from here -

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/

This suggests that a search of the catalogue for "102 squadron", restricting the search to series AIR1 might be interesting -

https://discovery.nationalarchives.go...=&_fr=&_st=adv