Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walter T Lloyd

Default Walter T Lloyd

Hi ,I,m new to the site and I'm also researching Lloyds from Dudley .I can only go back to a Walter John Lloyd who married Sarah Barnfield in Dudley 1906 they had a son Walter Thomas born Dudley in 1907 (my grandfather) he died in 1939 In Newport Gwent so I do not have much information on his family.I was just wondering if any of these names are familiar with your Lloyd family.
    Thanks

Ken_R

Welcome to the forum. I have suggested to the Mods that this might go as a New Thread.

The marriage, 1906, Dudley 6c, 1 - Walter Lloyd - no mention of Walter John......

1911. They appear to be in Newport (Wales) PN1840 RD587 SD2 ED38 - I still haven't got the hang of these 1911 references. I'm not used to researching anything so late.

Walter J b. 1881, Coseley, Staffs. A Pot Welder.
    Sarah b. 1884, Princes End, Staff[ordshire] - married 5 years.
    Walter Thomas b. 1907 Coseley, Staffs.

58 Oakley Street, Newport.

Welcome to Brit-Gen lizjmartin

As you are working backwards with your family and haven't gone beyond 1907 I think it may be better to give your post a thread of its own then see if it joins up at some point with the Lloyds in this thread. I am going to move it to Staffordshire as that is where Walter T and parents were born.
    To be absolutely sure you are following the correct family you really need to buy Sarah and Walter's marriage certificate.

Christina

Hi Ken_R
    I was working on moving this then saw your post. Thank you for your email (which I haven't seen yet) suggesting a move.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Ken_R

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Hi Ken_R
    I was working on moving this then saw your post. Thank you for your email (which I haven't seen yet) suggesting a move.
    Christina
    No problem. As we have here a 'newbie', any chance of posting a link to the GRO bit about getting Certificates for £9.25 without paying out inflated prices through the Commercial sites.

I'm sure you can find it quicker than I can.

Hi

Here is the link to order certificates. Use the information exactly as itappears on FreeBMD Here

As you say Ken_R there is no middle initial for Walter's marriage to Sarah and that does makes a difference because in 1901 there is a Walter J but he is a Walter James I think.

Christina
    William Burroughs

I think that this may be your Walter's birth
    Births Dec 1/4 1879
    Walter Lloyd registration district Dudley vol 6c page 118

Coseley is in the Dudley registration district.

And this is possibly him with family in 1891. Note his father's name is Thomas so Walter Thomas Lloyd born 1907 could have been named after his grandfather.
    1891 RG12 piece 2289 folio 69 page 41
    No 3 Old Paddock, Coseley
    Thomas Lloyd 43 coalminer Coseley
    Martha Lloyd 41 Bradley Stafordshire
    Edward Lloyd 21 Bradley coalminer
    Alice Lloyd 14 Bradley
    John Lloyd 13 Coseley
    Walter Lloyd 11 Coseley
    William Lloyd 8 Coseley
    Lily Lloyd 6 Coseley

1901 RG13 Piece 2741 Folio 86 Page 1
    3 Old Paddock Coseley
    Thomas Lloyd 51 Married coalminer
    John Lloyd 21 Boiler maker
    Walter Lloyd 19 boiler maker
    William Lloyd 17 boiler maker
    Lily Lloyd 15 domestic duties
    Rhoda Palmer 59 Wid Housekeeper
    All born Coseley

Thomas is down as married but wife not with them. The occupation of boilermaker fits with Walter's occupation in the 1911.

The Walter James born Dudley in 1880 is, I think, the son of Walter J and Elizabeth. Walter J snr is a safety pin manufacturer in 1891 and a bicycle manufacturer in 1901 which doesn't fit as well with your Walter's 1911 occupation of pot welder.
    Also Walter J is with his parents Walter and Elizabeth in Warwickshire in 1901.

Christina
    William Burroughs

In 1911 Walter John Lloyd snr is a motor cycle manufacturer and is with wife Elizabeth, son Walter John who is a clerk in the cycle trade, and down as born Birmingham Warwickshire which is where his mother was born.

So you can discount this Walter John as your bloke as your man is married and with his wife and son in Monmouthshire in 1911.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Thank you

Thank you I will buy the marriage certificate and hopefully go from there

Thanks again,Im almost sure he's Walter John and I think Ive heard a link with Martha before hoping to confirm this with the marriage certificate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast