Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Nikki
    See Old Bailey Trials "Edward Baker-theft 15 Sept 1845".This is a summary of the trial of Baker accused of stealing from his master Isaac Harris bootmaker -42 Wych Street Strand. Isaac Isaacs was apprentice to Harris. Whether or not the Isaac Harris at this address and the Isaac Harris bootmaker 10 Warwick Court High Holborn in 1849 are one in the same and particularly your relative remains to be confirmed.
    Phillip

nikkastar

Philip I don't have any records of when Lewis died unforunately. The record you posted sounds like i might be him. I contacted Dave on the website and am waiting for a reply.

nikkastar

Philip, thank you so much for ordering it. If there is any cost involved please let me know and I will reimburse you. I am very excited to see what fathers' names are listed.

jonesthereme

I am also looking into the family of another Henry Jacobs born 1861 Spitafields, London. His father was Moses Jacobs born 1839 Spitafields, grandfather Jacob (Tsebi Hirsh) Jacobs born 1808 Spitafields, gtgrandfather Philip (Pais) Jacobs born 1780 London. They were all in the glass cutting trade at some time.
    I would appreciate any other information on this family.
    Thanks
    Brian

Brian
    All the first names you refer to do belong to my various Jacobs relatives but the dates do not match what my Jacobs cousins and I have on the individuals. Can I suggest that you look on the Jacobs tree website which my Jacobs cousin Dave Simpson has developed. There is significant data on all the individuals listed on the data base with reference to primary sources including birth; marriage; death; wills; synagogue records etc. Let us know what data you have on your lines and you can also correlate it with what we know.
    Phillip

Brian, I am very interested I using DNA testing to try and find if there are links between these families. As Phillip says, the common surname, similar occupations and the use of the same given names does suggest the existence of links. But the absence of early records means that it is always going to be difficult to find a paper trail. Gerry

jonesthereme

Philip
    The sources, where I got the info I have on our Jacobs, was gleaned from censuses. The dates of births may be out slightly, which is not uncommon when dealing with censuses as sources. Our 19th century Jacobs came from around the Spitafields area of London, England. The only Jacob I have which may be a bit iffy is Philip b.1780.
    If you contact me at [email protected] I can forwarded all that I have on our Jacobs research.
    Brian

Brian
    I have responded to you by your private e mail address. Gerry is my Jacobs cousin. Gerry has his DNA data as do I. My Jacobs descend from David Jacobs ( he is the current main progenitor for our lines) - he is my 5x great grandfather and as you can see from the numerous posts plus our Jacobs website the family name is Letson/Litzen. Henry Jacobs son of David m Kitty Moses ( dau of Moshe Cohen). He is my 4x great grandfather. Philip Jacobs brother of Henry ( there are other siblings) is the other main line of descent for my Jacobs cousins.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Phillip

jonesthereme

Philip
    Further to my last message I have had a look at your website and it would appear you have none of our branch of the Jacobs family.
    Like I said previously contact me at [email protected] and I'll give everything I have found on our branch.
    BTW our branch starts with Barnett Jacobs (1893-1970) father of my cousin's wife.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by jonesthereme View Post
    Philip
    The sources, where I got the info I have on our Jacobs, was gleaned from censuses. The dates of births may be out slightly, which is not uncommon when dealing with censuses as sources. Our 19th century Jacobs came from around the Spitafields area of London, England. The only Jacob I have which may be a bit iffy is Philip b.1780.
    If you contact me at [email protected] I can forwarded all that I have on our Jacobs research.
    Brian

jonesthereme

Default Descendants of Philip Jacobs (1780-1853)

The following abridged report represents all the people on our particular branch of the Jacobs family of Spitafields, London. If anyone would like a full report with sources etc please contact me at [email protected]

Generation 1
    1. PHILIP (ARYEH PAIS)1 JACOBS was born in 1780 in London, Middlesex, England. He died in 1862 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. He married ROSETTA HYAMS on 12 Feb 1806 in Great Synagogue, Dukes Place, London, England. She was born in 1787 in London, England. She died in 1853 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    Philip (Aryeh Pais) Jacobs and Rosetta Hyams had the following children:
    2. i. JACOB (TSEBI HIRSH)2 JACOBS was born in 1808 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. He died in 1871 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. He married AMELIA MENDOZA on 09 Mar 1834 in Great Synagogue, Dukes Place, London, England, daughter of David Mendoza and Hannah Jonas. She was born on 22 May 1808 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. She died in 1884 in Shoreditch, London. Middlesex, England.
    ii. HENRY JACOBS was born in 1813 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    iii. SARAH JACOBS was born in 1822 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    iv. JOSEPH JACOBS was born in 1827 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.

Generation 2
    2. JACOB (TSEBI HIRSH)2 JACOBS (Philip (Aryeh Pais)1) was born in 1808 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. He died in 1871 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. He married AMELIA MENDOZA on 09 Mar 1834 in Great Synagogue, Dukes Place, London, England, daughter of David Mendoza and Hannah Jonas. She was born on 22 May 1808 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. She died in 1884 in Shoreditch, London. Middlesex, England.
    Jacob (Tsebi Hirsh) Jacobs and Amelia Mendoza had the following children:
    i. JULIA3 JACOBS was born in 1836 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    ii. SARAH JACOBS was born in 1838 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    3. iii. MOSES JACOBS was born in 1839 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. He died in 1904. He married JULIA WOOLF on 14 Jun 1859 in Great Synagogue, Dukes Place, London, England, daughter of Lewis Woolf and Hannah. She was born in 1843 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. She died in 1878 in Aldgate, London, England.
    iv. ELIZABETH JACOBS was born in 1844 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    v. DAVID JACOBS was born in 1847 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    vi. SAMUEL JACOBS was born in 1850 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    vii. MICHAEL JACOBS was born in 1852 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.

Generation 3
    3. MOSES3 JACOBS (Jacob (Tsebi Hirsh)2, Philip (Aryeh Pais)1) was born in 1839 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. He died in 1904. He married JULIA WOOLF on 14 Jun 1859 in Great Synagogue, Dukes Place, London, England, daughter of Lewis Woolf and Hannah. She was born in 1843 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. She died in 1878 in Aldgate, London, England.
    Moses Jacobs and Julia Woolf had the following children:
    4. i. HENRY4 JACOBS was born in 1861 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. He married HANNAH EREIRA in 1882 in London, Middlesex, England, daughter of Aaron Ereira and Betsy. She was born in 1863 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    ii. HANNAH JACOBS was born in 1862 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    iii. REBECCA JACOBS was born in 1865 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    iv. MORRIS JACOBS was born in 1867 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    v. ELIZABETH JACOBS was born in 1869 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    vi. FANNY JACOBS was born in 1871 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    vii. JULIA JACOBS was born in 1876 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.

Generation 4
    4. HENRY4 JACOBS (Moses3, Jacob (Tsebi Hirsh)2, Philip (Aryeh Pais)1) was born in 1861 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. He married HANNAH EREIRA in 1882 in London, Middlesex, England, daughter of Aaron Ereira and Betsy. She was born in 1863 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    Henry Jacobs and Hannah Ereira had the following children:
    i. MOSES JACOBS was born in 1886 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    ii. JULIA JACOBS was born in 1888 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    iii. AARON JACOBS was born in 1891 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    iv. DAVID JACOBS was born in 1892 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England.
    v. BARNETT JACOBS was born on 20 Feb 1893 in Spitafields, London, Middlesex, England. He died in 1970 in Hampstead, Middlesex, England. He married MATILDA POSNER in 1915 in Sands Road Synagogue, Shoreditch, daughter of Davis Posner and Clara Levin. She was born in Aug 1896 in Whitechapel, London. She died in 1960 in Wandsworth, London, England.
    vi. ELIZABETH JACOBS was born in 1900 in Stepney, London, Middlesex, England.
    vii. JACOB JACOBS was born in 1904 in Stepney, London, Middlesex, England.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast