Starting to feel at home

Default Request for a Southam look-up

I'm trying to confirm the spouse for Frederick Edwin Wicks who, I know from the 1911 census, married an 'Annie' (Oct-Dec) 1908 Reg. Southam.

Frederick Edwin is the only entry on his page 6d 1356
    There's an Annie Elizabeth Noon on 6d 1355 and an Annie Hancock on 6d 1354

I'm guessing from proximity that Annie Elizabeth is my girl but can anyone confirm?

Regards

Sharon

Reputation beyond repute

The bride and groom have to be on the same page. They cannot be on different pages. There may be an error in the transcription or it may be incomplete.

You can order the marriage certificate with just the groom's details. It's what the indexes are for.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello

I have searched 3 x subscription sites & Freebmd.org under Frederick E WICKS and using the GRO reference 6d 1356 but like you cannot find the spouses name.

I did however do a random check for 'Annie' b 1887 Chacombe Northants, found this one living inthe right area Little itchington / Bascote however it is purely conjecture.

1901 RG13 2948
    HANCOCK Reuben 50 Chacombe
    HANCOCK Mary Ann 14 Chacomne

You will need to approach www.gro.gov.uk advising them of your requirements.

pippycat

To see if there are any 'strays' you can search freebmd for any Ann/Annie's in the same year and Voume as Frederick is found.
    Dec Q 1908 Southam v6d p1356

If you enter a marriage search for Warwickshire, 1st name Ann, Sept 1908 to Dec 1908 and Volume 6d it will throw out all Ann/Annies in that volume.
    - then go through the lists for Southam.

I only found one suspect Annie in Southam:

Annie Hancock Dec Q 1908 Southam v6d p1354

Along with Annie on the page is also Arthur Dell and Mary Jane Lee, so 1 spouse is missing.

- Maybe Freddie was incorrectly placed on page 1356 instead of with Annie on page 1354??

Could be pure coincidence but geneius also found a Hancock family in 1901....might well be worth taking a closer look at Annie Hancock.

Rebecca