Bettyanne

Default How do I find out more about a burial?

Our Great Grandfather William Hancock who died May 1892 is buried at Kensal Green Cemetery. Does anyone know if the graves of that time are still there or have they been dismantled. Is it possible to see a grave of that long ago?

They have their own website, here It includes contact information, so your best bet is to ask them.
    The burial ground on my website includes stones going back to the 17th century. Legibility depends on a lot of factors ranging from pollution through the type of stone used to vandals and maurading genealogists.
    Don't forget that many people didn't have gravestones. However the cemetary should have a register.

Reputation beyond repute

Have you got the grave details (available from Deceased Online)? Once you have the grave details, I would phone the cemetery and ask about the arrangements.

The grave may or may not be marked but perhaps you have some information about that.

Bettyanne

Hello again. Yes I do have the grave details so I will telephone them. I actually wondered if anyone had had the experience of visiting that cemetery. When we tried to visit his wife's cemetery near Basingstoke there was no grave to identify and no one to ask, so thought if anyone else had visited this one they may be able to tell the procedure A telephone call would be best. Thank you again.