Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Kinian

James Macdonald is my Great Grandfather and I have quite a bit of information on him. One of his sons was Horace, whom I met once with my Great uncle Bill from Australia. James Macdonald came down from Scotland to London in 1881 so could have missed the census in either England or Scotland. James and his wife (Eliza) Annie Macdonald lived in London with their children James, Bill (who emigrated to Australia), Sydney, Charles (killed in WW1), Horace (successful businessman) and Frank (who followed Bill to Australia). Any info you want after James' arrival in England I might be able to help with, and I'll be following your posts about the family in Scotland.

Kia ora Kinian,
    I have sent you a private message with my email address so we can continue off-line - not that there is anything to hide.

I look forward to hearing from you
    daryl

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    1871 RG10/280/39/30
    1 (sorry can't read address) Islington
    John Page 44 coachbuilder Rickling Essex
    Elizabeth Page 46 Shepton Mallet Somerset
    Mary Ann Page 17 dressmaker Buxton Surrey
    William G Page 15 apprentice to jeweller Marylebone Middlesex
    Sarah L Page 13 dress maker Marylebone Middlesex
    Eliza I Page 11 Hendon? Middlesex
    Amy S Page 7 Kentish town
    With all the responses regarding the Macdonalds (including two new relatives!) everything is ticking along nicely with them. However I have spent quite some time trying to locate these Pages in the 1881 census but absolutely no success. I have located John Page's death in 1871 but where are the rest of the family in the 1881 census? Any assistance would be most welcome.
    thanks
    daryl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123