Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by georgiep
    Original post said Oliver...
    Probably a typing error - the entry in Access to Archives can be found here

Quote Originally Posted by missleisha
    Is there any more updated information on this Case? I am looking for information on Ellen ( was she/when was she released from Broadmoor Asylum...did she remarry? date of death and any and all information on her son Stanley Thomas Moore brn: 1908
    Welcome to the B-G forums

Wadhurst History Society - wadhurst.info/whs/ has a newsletter - Newsletter No.9 (Jan 2006) Page 4 has the detail already posted above

A short update appears in newsletter No.10 on Page 7 - wadhurst.info/whs/newsletters/whs10/page7.htm
    It includes names of relatives of Ellen MOORE who may possibly have taken in her son.

Finding out what happened to Ellen may be difficult for you from your location. Once detained in Broadmoor, her release on licence would have been at the discretion of the Home Secretary. Some records relating to Broadmoor are held at The National Archives and may be subject to a period of closure. It may well be the case that she was not released.

Searching freebmd for marriages of Sidney T MOORE brings up a lot of hits from 1926-1945, none of which stand out as obvious possibilities..........and that's assuming he kept his name, he may have been adopted.

In your shoes, as a first step, I would be inclined to try contacting the Wadhurst History Society to see if anything is known locally.

Jeuel

Broadmoor patients' archives are at the Berkshire Records Office in Reading, so I'd contact them. Even if they can't open the records they might be able to give you some information about whether she was released or remained there.

missleisha

Hi Hepzibah...from the information I have from the 1911 census it states a son Stanley Thomas More age 2 born in walthamstow essex...other information states that she was found to be certified insane and removed to Broadmoor Criminal Lunatic asylum on
    12 Feb 1915?...consequently the case would not come before the court. Any more information you may come across in your travels could be gratefully accepted. Nice to meet you~Leisha

missleisha

Jeuel..thank you so much for doing this for me...I do feel my hands ared tied being in CA...More information that I have that may help is....."in the case of ellen moore (34), who was indicted for the murder of Olive Lydia Moore at Wadhurst 17th dec 1914 last, Counsel stated that the woman had been certified insane and removed to broadmoor Criminal Lunatic Asyulum,by order of the Secretary of Sttae on the 12th February (1915?). Consequently the case would not come before the court." Thank you ~Leisha

missleisha

Hi Geoffers...wondering if you have a current or updated email for the wadhurst history society...my emails have all come back as "undeliverabe"....~Leisha

Geoffers

I don't have any e-mail contact details for the society, their web-site does include telephone numbers and a postal address for various society officials.

The webmaster of Wadhurst.info which acts as a gateway may possibly be able to supply an e-mail contact?

emma@esh

Hi all

I was researching this story sometime ago. I am part of the family history group within WHS - although have not been involved for a while. I will look at my research and see if I can help further.

Emma ☺

missleisha

Hi Emma...any followup on the wadhurst murder? I'm extra super curious...the people in this article are my great grandparents...thanks...let me know what I can do to help in the research...I'm stuck at this point....~Leisha

emma@esh

Quote Originally Posted by missleisha View Post
    Hi Emma...any followup on the wadhurst murder? I'm extra super curious...the people in this article are my great grandparents...thanks...let me know what I can do to help in the research...I'm stuck at this point....~Leisha
    Hi Leisha

Nothing yet. It is so hard to research as you come forward in time, what with the 100 year/75 year/50 year privacy rules. Have you contacted Berkshire record office to see if they will give you a release date for Ellen if they have one? I will keep thinking.

georgiep

Don't forget folks , the census taken between 1910 & 1912 is subject to copyright etc and any listing could
    mean loss of your membership.

georgiep

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast