Thread: Hart family

argent

Default Hart family

Hi. I am looking for the parents of William Hart who was born at sea in 1803. His birth is registered in Whitechapel, moving to Gateshead and then Durham where he died. Just hope someone can help me in what has been a very long search!!
    Many thanks
    Argent

Hello argent
    can you give us some more details about William? Do you have him in any of the censuses? When you say his birth was registered at Whitechapel do you mean it is his baptism you have or the parish record? Official registration of births, marriages and deaths didn't start until 1837.

Who did he marry? When was he in Durham, then Gateshead? Any little bits of info that will help us sort him out from the pack.

Christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Nicolina

I think the family is at Sunderand Road, Durham in 1861 (RG09 Folio 78 Piece 3742)
    and in 1841 at East Hetton, Kelloe, Durham. (HO107 Folio 13 Piece 313)

Argent
    Is this a Jewish family and if so, what specific data are you looking for given you say you have had a long search.
    Phillip

argent

Default Hart family

William Hart was living in Sunderland road Durham in 1861. His birth registration is Whitechapel and also Newcastle. However, I suspect that the 'Newcastle' might refer to 'Newcastle Street', Whitechapel. I realise that BMD registrations didn't begin until 1837 and haven't found any ref to his birth registration and hence his parents. I don't know why or when he moved North. He married Mary ? who was born in Hexham c1795. Their son, William married Agnes Redpath from Twizzell Red House on 30/12/1854. Her family has links to Isabel Moody on Holy Island. William and Agnes' daughter, Mary J Hart m Matthew Heslop.
    Hope this helps!
    Many thanks

argent

Hi
    William Hart married Mary ? Who was from Hexham bc1795. Their son William married Agnes Redpath from Twizzell Near Berwick. The family went to Swalwell, then Durham. Their descendants were Heslop from Melbecks and Dowson from Lanchester who eventually moved to bishop Auckland area. I would just love to know about William Hart and if he came from Holland or may be the records are not in existence.

Hello
    you have posted this in the Jewish Roots forum. Is this family Jewish as asked by Philip in post #4? If not I will move it to a more suitable forum.

What makes you think William came from Holland and was born at sea in 1803?

More questions than answers

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

argent

Hello
    Many thanks for the reply. The Jewish link was perhaps a possibility, having looked at the history of Whitechapel at this time. However, a different forum might help. There are records saying he was born at sea. Two birth registrations is unusual. Yes, more questions than answers! Thanks again.