Mrs T 6183183

Default VANT ONE NAME STUDY

Hello Everyone
    When I retired 3 Years ago I moved into Genealogy and have been doing it ever since [almost 24/7!] which leaves very little time for my other hobbies, General crafts, reading and crossword puzzles.
    I am carrying out a One Name Study of the surname VANT & variants, I have records dating back to the late 1500s in Yorkshire and Kent.. I would be very pleased to hear from anyone with any connection to the name.
    Regards

Hello and welcome to Brit-Gen

Everything else does seem to get neglected when we get hooked on genealogy doesn't it?

Your surname Vant, and its variations, is one I haven't come across before but you seem to have them very well covered. Just listing them on Brit-Gen will put them out there for anyone looking for the same names.

I don't think you will be finishing any craft projects any time soon.

Christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Mrs T 6183183

Thank you for the welcome.

Vant was my husband's mother's maiden name - it was most common in Kent and Yorkshire, England but has now spread around the country and world. I have constructed around 6 different trees of the main families and have records back to the late 1500s for one of them.

I do manage the odd craft session and have a few finished items but have many many unfinished projects!!

Thank you again and regards
    Mrs T

Hatshepsut

G'day Mrs T...doesn't time fly when you are head down-tail up in genealogy? It's a wonderful hobby and very quickly becomes a passion :-)

Mrs T 6183183

Default PASSION

G'day Hatsheput
    Oh I do like Australia and wish I was back there right now!
    I agree about it becoming a passion but in my case I would go further and say it is an obsession, leaving very little time for anything else.
    Regards
    Mrs T

Hatshepsut

Well...if course and what a passion! What else gives such excitement, knowledge, thrill of the hunt and the chance to travel back in time without leaving your desk?

Mrs T 6183183

I tottaly agree