FredP

Default Reservoir construction in Hong Kong

I wonder if anyone can tell me, or suggest the best place where I might find out, when and by which company or organisation, the reservoirs supplying water to Hong Kong were constructed?
    My grandfather WILLIAM JOHN PARTRIDGE, I was informed by a cousin now deceased, was said at one time to be engaged on this work. He had been a Sapper in the Royal Engineers before he retired on pension at the age of 41 at the beginning of 1886, so this is plausible.
    It must have been some time during the 20 years after that date, possibly in the mid-1890s when my cousin's father, who died in 1906, was himself in Hong Kong in the Army Pay Corps.
    It would be nice to find some lead to locating this elusive ancestor at one point in his later life. No other member of the family ever succeeded.

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by FredP
    I wonder if anyone can tell me, or suggest the best place where I might find out, when and by which company or organisation, the reservoirs supplying water to Hong Kong were constructed?
    There would probably be some reference in The National Archives at Kew. Try searching their online catalogue:
    https://www.catalogue.nationalarchives.gov.uk/search.asp
    enter "Hong Kong Water Supply" or "Hong Kong Reservoir" and see what hits you get. The references given will be to teh documents that you can view at TNA.

Geoffers

FredP

Thanks, Geoffers. Will do. FredP.