Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    gasser

So in a nutshell.....
    David Davies was apprenticed to Dr Williams, and then became a Dr himself , he married Mary Stephens had 2 known children.
    His (Dr.David Davies') father was the Rector making him (the rector) Edward's grandfather.
    Edward's will dated Feb 1880, was published in the Cardiff Times im May 1880 and mentions sister Miss Jemima Davies, sons Ernest Richard and James David, daughters Mary and Blanch Jemima. Executors were James Lewis Thomas Henry Morgan and widow Sarah Davies.
    Think that's sorted it ...a little!!

Mazmoo

Hey gasser, thank you so much I think I got the grasp of it now. My poor brain cell couldn't get it's head round it. It's with them all having the same names that gets me floundering!

Thank you for coming to my rescue!

parrot6

Default Re Davies clan

Quote Originally Posted by gasser View Post
    This small piece of info will help. It was published 12th March 1880 in the Merthyr Telegraph and General Advertiser
    . ".....Davies was one of the very oldest inhabitants of Merthyr, having been bred and brought up in the town. The following sketch of the deceased and his family has been written by a gentleman of the town who knew them well :-In the last decade of the 18th century there resided in the old Locomotive Inn one Dr. Williams, who was the medical attendant of the families in the town, of the iron-masters aud their workmen. Dr. Williams had as an assistant Mr David Davies, whose father was at that time rector of Llantiiety, near Crickhowell. Mr. Davies entered into partnership with Dr. Williams subsequently, and was married to Miss Mary Stephens, sister of Mr James Stephens, the merchant grocer of the town n those days, who resided in the same house as that now occupied by our present merchant grocer, Mr Wm. Harris. Dr. Davies was the second child of Mr and Mrs Davies........"
    Hi,
    I expect you have all the answers by now of this family.
    If not the mother of Sarah, who married Dr Edward Davies, is from my clan and an ancestor left us all a family tree which includes her having issued 3 sons and 3 dsus, all of which I have traced.

What I am puzzled about two doctors with the same name, the same address, both surgeons, but one born in 1802/3, while the other was born in 1815, both in Merthyr Tydfil. However one died in 1853 and the other in 1880, which is my one. Can anyone fit in the first one, also being a surgeon so he must have belonged to the same family?

Hallo parrot6 and a very warm welcome to British-Genealogy. We love it when people find old threads on Google and join to help out. Have a good look round the rest of the forum now you are here. I see Mazmoo is online and will doubtless be in touch.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123