Hello !

I would like to know if it is possible to find documents about the departure of my ancestors (Frederick Young and Harriett Richards and Frederick Henry Young, their son) from England to France: date, town of departure, official paper etc...

The information that I have are the following ones:

I have their marriage certificate: the tenth may 1859 at the baptist chapel in Southampton between Frederick Young (26 years, domestic coachman, father: John Young) and Harriett Richards (21 years, father: Henry Richards).

In 1931, one of their daughter wrote some pages about the family history and explained the following points:

"My father, my mother, their family

Born both in England. My father, son of a first bed; my mother was of a family of 9 children. Married in Portsmouth, against the liking of their parents in 1859. A sister of my mother, Mary Simpson, accomodated them at the beginning of their household but my father upset not to be received by the parents of my mother decided to leave England and came to France in 1860. The family name of my mother was Richard' S, its of her mother was Paffet, gentleman farmer is to say owner of his ground in Ferrham close to Sussex. My grandmother died at 56 years, my grandfather lived nearly 80 years and left his grounds to his youngest son, James who died there fifteen years ago."

Of course, it is a translation of the french text and I hope that there is no important mistake.

So, I suppose that Frederick Young and Harriett Richards with their first son (my grand-grandfather, Frederick Henry Young) came to France in 1860. Because their second child was born in Caen (Normandy, France) the 16th August of 1861. And my grand-grandfather was born the fourteenth November 1858 (Shirril Coppice Wickham), so before the marriage of her mother. There is no name of his father on the birth certificate and the détails about her mother are: Harriett Richards, Shirril Coppice Wickham.

Thank you very much for your help about the emigration papers. I will open other topic about the parents of Frederic Young.

Best regards

Alicha