Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi everyone,

I've just signed up today. I'm an experienced researcher - been researching avidly for over ten years. I'm frustrated with the site I frequent as it doesn't allow members to post 1911 census details!!!! Very odd IMO. As I'm sure you are all aware the 1911 helps the helpers to help the requestees; so I got hacked off and I've defected after spending many years on the said forum.

I look forward to acquainting with you all and helping out where I can.

As I'm unfamiliar with the rules here I'll probably make some mistakes, but hey I'm a quick learner, so Mods pick me up and point me in right direction and we'll get along famously.

Alma.

Hello Alma and a very warm welcome to Brit-Gen

I also found it very frustrating not to be able to help others with 1911 census records.

I see you have already produced some impressive results helping Carol with her problem ancestor John Gardiner.

Not too many rules to worry about. No links to commercial sites - if in doubt just break the link and of course no details of living persons.

I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Christanel
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Welcome, Alma,
    I'll just add copyright to what Chris said - we do respect author's copyright, but it applies to the format, not the info therein. A photo of a birth cert, for example, might lead to a copyright problem, telling someone what info is there, won't. When people do upload out of copyright images, we encourage them to use Photobucket as higher resolutions can then be used.

Hatshepsut

Hi Alma and welcome to the site. I have found the people on here very friendly so I think you will fit right in!

Thanks everyone for your welcome.

I look forward to acquainting with you all.