Wilkes_ml

Default BOREHAM family circa 1750 Brockley or Hartest

Hi, an Isaac BOREHAM is mentioned in an Essex will as occupying land in Brockley or Hartest in Suffolk.

I have an Isaac BOREHAM ( son of Clement & Elizabeth BOREHAM bap. 1723 at Shalford Essex) and he is named in his father's will in 1778, along with Isaac's children :Clement, Sarah, Isaac, Joseph and John.

I have a marriage of Isaac BOREHAM to Elizabeth REEVES in 1748 at Shalford, Essex but can not find the family in Essex.

According to Boyds marriage index, an Isaac BOREHAM marries Lydia UNDERWOOD in 1746 at Brockley, Suffolk

Brockley & Hartest don't seem to be covered by the Suffolk baptism indexes from 1746, though the SFHS seems to have the Thingo Deanery which covers Brockley St. Andrew from 1754.

I don't think this Isaac is the same as the one I am looking for, as there is a baptism of sarah daughter of Isaac & Elizabeth 1763 at Great Saling, Essex but I'd be grateful for any information about the Isaac & Lydia BOREHAM in Brockley, Suffolk, just to rule him out.

Thanks

Wilkes_ml

Forgot to add that I know the Isaac I'm looking for was back in Essex between 1781 (when his son Isaac dies after falling from a walnut tree and was buried at Great Saling) and 1795, when Isaac himself was buried at Great Saling, Essex.

Allan F Sparrow

Isaac and Lydia had five children baptised at Brockley between 1754 and 1768: the names were Elizabeth 1754, John 1756, William 1760, Susan 1765 and George 1768.

Does that help at all? I'll take a look at other Cds and post again if I find any more.

Another Isaac married to Elizabeth had four children baptised at Brockley in the 1770s: Elizabeth 1773, Isaac 1775, John 1777 and Thomas 1780.

Allan
    Last edited by Allan F Sparrow; 05-11-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Addition

Allan F Sparrow

The second Isaac married Elizabeth Spencer in 1773 at Brockley, so it doesn't look as if he could be connected with your people.

The only burial of an Isaac at Brockley was in 1811, when he was said to be a widower aged 87, so probably he was the first Isaac I mentioned. His marriage would have been before the start of the records available to me.

These results are based on the assumption that Boreham was the onlt spelling they used, which may well be untrue!

Allan

Wilkes_ml

Thanks very much, that helps a lot, as I know the Isaac I'm interested in definitely had children called Clement, Sarah, Isaac, Joseph & John, and only those children as far as I know, based on the will of Isaac's father in 1775. The name Clement or Clemens is passed down in almost all branches of the Boreham (and some Owers) families.

The various spelling variations on the name are, Boarham, Boreham, Borham, Boorham, Borum, Boram, but I have enough information now to rule out the Suffolk ones.

I'm guessing Isaac and family are hiding in Essex somewhere!
    Last edited by Wilkes_ml; 05-11-2013 at 1:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Allan F Sparrow

Glad to have been useful

There hasn't been much in my line for a few days...

Allan